Funding Committee - Members at Large
- 3600 rue McTavish, Suite 1200, Montreal, QC, Canada
Located on McGill campus in downtown Montreal, the Students’ Society of McGill University (SSMU) is currently seeking applicants for the Accounting Technician job opening. With over 20,000 members, SSMU’s role is to represent students and to offer services since 1908.
Située sur le campus de McGill, au centre-ville de Montréal, l'Association Étudiante de l'Université de McGill embauche présentement un(e) technicien(ne) comptable. Avec plus de 20,000 membres, l'AÉUM a pour rôle de représenter les étudiants et de leur offrir des services depuis 1908.
Reporting to the Legislative Council, the Committee will be responsible for the disbursement of the following fees, totaling approximately $350,000: The Campus Life Fee, a portion of the Environment Fee, a portion of the Space Fee, Ambassador Fee, Club Fund Fee, Charity Fee, a portion of the Equity Fee and a portion of the Mental Health Fee.
The Funding Committee shall:
- Allocate monies in the name of the Legislative Council from the aforementioned fees, in a manner consistent with the Internal Regulations as they pertain to fees, especially the Internal Regulations of Finances;
- Report all decision at the next meeting of the Legislative Council for ratification;
- Update the Legislative Council on the balance of the funds at the last meeting of the Legislative Council for fall semester and the third meeting of the winter semester;
- Report once a year to the Legislative Council on the volume and nature of received funding applications; and
- Meet at the discretion of the Committee Chair to ensure that applications are processed in a timely manner.
- Must be a Member of the Society
- Experience in organizing events an asset
- Experience with several clubs, events and projects on campus
- Experience with finance and budgeting an asset
- Volunteer position
- Deadline: September 30th
SSMU recognizes and welcomes the unique contributions that individuals from diverse communities bring to the Society's decision-making bodies, and invites all individuals from these communities to apply. We encourage applicants to describe the contributions that they may bring to the committee. Prior experience in SSMU or student politics is not a pre-requisite, and undergraduate students at all levels and areas of study are welcome to apply.