Equity Committee Member at Large
The Student's Society of McGill University (SSMU) is currently hiring. With over 20,000 members, SSMU's role is to represent students and to offer services since 1908.
Comptant plus de 20,000 membres, le rôle de l’AÉUM a été de représenter les étudiants de premier cycle et de leur offrir des services depuis l’année 1908.
The Equity Committee shall confront historical and ongoing inequities at the University through active engagement and public education, in a manner consistent with the Society’s relevant policies.
- Attend the meetings of the Equity Committee
- Foster an understanding of equity as an active process through which individuals, institutions and cultures recognize historical and current bias and oppression, deconstruct this bias and oppression, and take proactive steps to challenge the actions, attitudes and assumptions that contribute to these systems;
- Advise the Vice-President (University Affairs) and the Legislative Council on issues pertaining to student equity;
- Organise events to advocate for and advance matters concerning equity on campus; d. collaborate with other equity groups and offices on campus;
- Monitor the Society’s compliance with its Policies and Plans as related to Equity issues;
- Point out and provide guidance on how to address equity issues in the SSMU and around campus;
- Review and make recommendations to the Equity Committee’s terms of reference at the end of the year;
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Equity Commissioner from time to time.
Must be a Member of the Society;
Must have experience working with equity or issues of social justice;
Must also possess a demonstrable knowledge of equity and social justice that upholds the spirit of the Society’s relevant policies;
Experience in organizing an asset;
Experience with several clubs, events and projects on campus.
- Volunteer Position
- Position term: September 26, 2022 to May 31, 2023
- Application closes on September 26, 2022
At the SSMU, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. If you require accommodation(s) for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
A l’AÉUM, nous sommes engagés à promouvoir un environnement inclusif et accessible où
tout le monde se sent estimé, respecté et supporté. Nous sommes attachés à construire une
équipe dont les effectifs témoignent de la diversité de notre communauté. Si vous avez
besoin d’aménagements au cours du processus de recrutement ou d’entrevue, s’il vous plait,
faites-le nous savoir et nous travaillerons avec vous afin de répondre à vos besoins.