Human Resources Manager
- 3600 rue McTavish, Suite 1200, Montreal, QUEBEC, Canada
The Student's Society of McGill University (SSMU) is currently hiring. With over 20,000 members, SSMU's role is to represent students and to offer services since 1908.
Comptant plus de 20,000 membres, le rôle de l’AÉUM a été de représenter les étudiants de premier cycle et de leur offrir des services depuis l’année 1908.
Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Manager will be responsible for coordinating human resources processes, supporting departmental activities, supervising casual staff members, and supporting departmental projects as needed. The Manager is also responsible for supporting the operationalization of the SSMU’s mandates surrounding anti-oppression and accessibility. This includes supporting the equity complaints process as well as acting as a resource for SSMU Executives, staff, representatives, and student groups as required.
- Manage the staffing process and revise and review job descriptions for casual staff;
- Oversee the recruitment and onboarding process;
- Develop, update and implement new hiring, reporting and management policies as required;
- Manage all employee record keeping and archiving;
- Communicate with the payroll department when required;
- Support the HR Director with maintaining and applying compensation structures;
- Revise, apply, and maintain the Employee Recognition Program;
- Support with on-going improvements for all HR documents;
- Supervise HR department staff members;
- Participate in the Health and Safety and Social Committee by attending meetings and coordinating action items as required;
- Orient student staff on an ongoing basis and answer questions;
- Communicate and maintain SSMU policies (ex: Employee Manuals, Conflict of interest policy, SSMU Constitution and By-Laws);
- Identify training needs and help support the training program;
- Participate in HR improvement projects;
- Manage work accident cases and sick leaves;
- Plan and organize regular staff wellness programming;
- Support in all union processes as directed by the Human Resources Director;
- Support management in applying the collective agreement in coordination with the General Manager;
- Support HR Director in train, and develop standards for the annual performance evaluations process;
- Participate on the Human Resources Committee and execute committee items;
- Execute performance management of staff;
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Human Resources Director.
1. Undergraduate degree in Human Resources, Management and/or Organizational Behaviour, Industrial Relations or any other related degree;
2. Minimum 2 years of professional experience in Human Resources or a related field; 3. Experience working in an Academic setting;
4. Knowledge of union processes: collective bargaining, collective agreements etc.;
5. Experience handling equity complaints;
6. Experience with HRIS; preferably Dayforce;
7. Knowledge of Quebec Standard Labour laws;
8. Experience in handling confidential information;
9. Sound judgment and impartiality;
10. Proven organization and prioritization skills;
11. Strong communication skills both verbal and written in English and French an asset.
- Salary: Up to $52,500
- Position term: Permanent
At the SSMU, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. If you require accommodation(s) for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
A l’AÉUM, nous sommes engagés à promouvoir un environnement inclusif et accessible où
tout le monde se sent estimé, respecté et supporté. Nous sommes attachés à construire une
équipe dont les effectifs témoignent de la diversité de notre communauté. Si vous avez
besoin d’aménagements au cours du processus de recrutement ou d’entrevue, s’il vous plait,
faites-le nous savoir et nous travaillerons avec vous afin de répondre à vos besoins.