Finance Coordinator - Eating Disorder Resource and Support Centre (EDRSC)
- 3600 Rue McTavish, Montréal, QC H3A 0G3, Canada
Description de l'entreprise
L'Association Étudiante de l'Université de McGill est présentement en période d'embauches. Avec plus de 20,000 membres, l'AÉUM a pour rôle de représenter les étudiants et de leur offrir des services depuis 1908.
The Student's Society of McGill University (SSMU) is currently hiring. With over 20,000 members, SSMU's role is to represent students and to offer services since 1908.
Description du poste
The EDSRC Finance Coordinator ensures the financial sustainability of the Centre. They plan and communicate with all other portfolios about the prospective plans for the year, and manage and monitor the expenses throughout the year.
1. Submit all financial transactions (invoices, cheque requests, honorariums, purchase orders, etc) of the Centre to the SSMU Offices;
2. Work with and attend all trainings of the SSMU VP Finance Portfolio;
3. Oversee and coordinate financing of the programming activities and events of the Centre;
4. Ensure that all Coordinators are aware of the rules and regulations around financial transactions, as well as the Centre’s budget and financial restrictions;
5. Ensure the funding and financial stability of the Centre;
6. Keep track of all financial transactions and receipts to ensure the financial sustainability of the Centre and;
7. Be responsible for researching and applying to grants and coordinating fundraising efforts well in advance to secure the Centre’s revenue if needed; and
8. Coordinate with Communications and Events branches in the case of any fundraising efforts for external organizations and causes.
- General understanding of financial, communication, external, provincial, event planning, advertisement, clinical eating disorder care operations and processes;
- Diligence and impartiality in execution of duties;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Organized and capable of following through on a project;
- Initiative and results driven;
- Experience and comfort with SSMU accounting procedures;
- Management and leadership skills;
- Relationship building and negotiation skills;
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Paid position: $15.05
- Contract dates: June 1st, 2021 to May 31st, 2022;
- Hours: 100 hours total;
- Application closes May 20th, 2021.
It is understood and agreed that all matters to the SSMU and those clubs association or groups forming part of the SSMU are to be kept in the strictest of confidence, and nothing regarding the operations, policies and general activities of the SSMU or its constituent groups shall be divulged to any third party without the express consent of the General Manager and/or the Executive Committee of the SSMU.
At the SSMU, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. If you require accommodation(s) for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.