Open Educational Resources Coordinator
- 3600 McTavish St, Montreal, QC H3A 0G3, Canada
With over 20,000 members, SSMU’s role is to represent undergraduate students and to offer them services since 1908.With over 20,000 members, SSMU’s role is to represent undergraduate students and to offer them services since 1908.
The Open Educational Resources (OER) Coordinator will support student advocacy initiatives by coordinating the implementation of the SSMU Open Educational Resource project and research comparative efforts at peer institutions as well as avenues for provincial advocacy.
- Coordinate the SSMU Open Educational Resources project
- Contact instructors at McGill about the possibility of moving their courses away from hard copy textbooks and coursepacks and toward OER (recruit classes for the project)
- Unofficially supervise the course-specific Open Educational Resource student assistants alongside the McGill Library
- Conduct a year-long research project on the progress of Open Educational Resource initiatives at both the provincial and institutional level (eg. BCCampus), and recommend paths for future advocacy at McGill
- Maintain open communication with the McGill Library, SSMU Library Improvement Fund Commissioner, SSMU Vice-President (University Affairs) and SSMU Senators regarding the project implementation and research progress
- Prior knowledge of Open Educational Resources and their importance in academia;
- Strong experience in research, report-writing, and/or policy development;
- Interest in student advocacy, equity, representation, and awareness-building;
- Knowledge of both SSMU and McGill’s governance structure;
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Good communication skills in English; French is an asset.
- Paid position: $15.40/hour
- Hours: On average 1-2 hours per week
- Contract: June 1, 2021 to May 31, 2022
- Application Closes May 16th, 2021