Francophone Affairs Commissioner
- 3600 Rue Sherbrooke E, Montréal, QC H1W 3Z1, Canada
Description de l'entreprise
L'Association Étudiante de l'Université de McGill est présentement en période d'embauches. Avec plus de 20,000 membres, l'AÉUM a pour rôle de représenter les étudiants et de leur offrir des services depuis 1908.
The Student's Society of McGill University (SSMU) is currently hiring. With over 20,000 members, SSMU's role is to represent students and to offer services since 1908.
Description du poste
The Francophone Commissioner will be working with the Vice-President (Internal Affairs) to advise Executives, represent students and promote the francophone community.
- Advise the SSMU on the representation of the francophone community of McGill University and issues relating to francophone students;
- Assist with the translation of weekly listservs sent out by the SSMU.
- Act as a representative for the francophone community in SSMU;
- Report to the Vice-President (Internal Affairs) of the SSMU at least once a month;
- Ensure that the rights of francophones are respected;
- Promote the francophone aspects of McGill University to the rest of the student body;
- Encourage more francophones to get involved with campus life;
- Assist, where appropriate, any initiative coming from a francophone student or group recognized by the SSMU.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
To undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Vice-President (Internal Affairs) from time to time.
The Francophone Affairs Commissioner reports directly to the Vice-President (Internal Affairs).
- Knowledge of the francophone community;
- Knowledge of the SSMU and McGill University;
- Knowledge of the SSMU website, SSMU mandates and SSMU events and activities;
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills both in English and French required.
Paid position: $14.51
- Contract dates: June 1st, 2021 to May 15, 2022;
- Hours: 150 hours total;
- Application closes May 16, 2021.
It is understood and agreed that all matters to the SSMU and those clubs association or groups forming part of the SSMU are to be kept in the strictest of confidence, and nothing regarding the operations, policies and general activities of the SSMU or its constituent groups shall be divulged to any third party without the express consent of the General Manager and/or the Executive Committee of the SSMU.
At the SSMU, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. If you require accommodation(s) for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.