Library Improvement Fund Commissioner
- 3600 Rue McTavish, Montréal, QC H3A 0G3, Canada
L'Association Étudiante de l'Université de McGill est présentement en période d'embauches. Avec plus de 20,000 membres, l'AÉUM a pour rôle de représenter les étudiants et de leur offrir des services depuis 1908.
The Student's Society of McGill University (SSMU) is currently hiring. With over 20,000 members, SSMU's role is to represent students and to offer services since 1908.
The Library Improvement Fund Commissioner will coordinate the yearly allocation of the Library Improvement Fund and the SSMU’s relations with the McGill Libraries.
- Coordinate the formation, meetings, and activities of the SSMU Library Improvement Fund Committee (LIFC);
- Liaise with the McGill Libraries on issues and potential projects, in collaboration with the Vice-President (University Affairs);
- Sit as a student representative on the Senate Committee on Libraries;
- Coordinate an annual consultation strategy for student feedback on library issues and potential projects;
- Publicize an open application period for the Library Improvement Fund and act as a resource for the proposal development;
- Liaise with Faculty associations and other relevant groups to solicit feedback and develop potential projects;
- Compile the annual report of the Library Improvement Fund Committee for presentation to the Legislative Council;
- Publicize Library Improvement Fund projects to SSMU members and the university-at-large.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
To undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Vice-President (University Affairs) and the General Manager.
The Library Improvement Fund Commissioner receives general direction from the Vice-President (University Affairs) and in their absence the General Manager.
- Experience in project and/or committee coordination;
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Knowledge of the SSMU website, SSMU mandates and SSMU events and activities;
- Initiative and results driven oriented;
- Familiarity with the operations and administration of the McGill Libraries is an asset.
- Paid position: $14.81
- Contract dates: June 1st, 2021 to May 30th, 2022;
- Hours: 140 hours total;
- Application closes May 16th, 2021.
It is understood and agreed that all matters to the SSMU and those clubs association or groups forming part of the SSMU are to be kept in the strictest of confidence, and nothing regarding the operations, policies and general activities of the SSMU or its constituent groups shall be divulged to any third party without the express consent of the General Manager and/or the Executive Committee of the SSMU.
At the SSMU, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where everyone feels valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. If you require accommodation(s) for the recruitment/interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.