Menstrual Hygiene Products Coordinator (Summer Contract)
- 3600 McTavish Street, suite 1200, Montreal, QUEBEC, Canada
With over 20,000 members, SSMU’s role is to represent undergraduate students and to offer them services since 1908.
The Menstrual Hygiene Products Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the distribution of menstrual products (pads and tampons) in various buildings on McGill’s downtown campus. This position will require refilling products in campus washrooms and ensuring that the SSMU Free Menstrual Products Initiative is effective in adhering to its mandate of providing free menstrual products on campus.
- Establish a strong understanding of campus buildings included in the delivery list and collect data on menstrual products used;
- Frequently restock the menstrual products in the appropriate spaces in each building;
- Collect and report accurate data on each bathroom’s stock of menstrual products, and plan for future restocking;
- Ensure that the appropriate quantities of menstrual products are ordered, to be reviewed with the Building Director in advance;
- Act as a liaison between the different faculty buildings, the Building Director, and the VP University Affairs in terms of reporting data and information;
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders at McGill in order to provide products in different buildings;
- Review the expenses periodically and ensure that they are in keeping with the annual budget;
- Stay up to date on best practices related to the initiative, including but not limited to the use of inclusive language when discussing menstruation/menstrual products;
- Report to both the Building Director and the VP University Affairs on a weekly basis regarding all follow-ups and communications between different faculty buildings and staff.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work autonomously;
- Comfort with overseeing a budget and tracking the purchase of products;
- Strong commitment to equity and the SSMU’s equity mandate;
- Ability to communicate with various stakeholders in SSMU, McGill’s buildings, McGill administration, and the larger McGill community;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Good communication skills in English, knowledge of French an asset.
- Paid position: $14.21 per hour;
- Contract dates: May 1st to July 31st 2020;
- Hours: an average of 20 hours per week;
- Work performed across McGill’s campus, remotely, and in the SSMU office;
- Application closes April 3rd, 2020.