University Affairs Secretary General
- 3600 rue McTavish, Suite 1200, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
With over 20,000 members, SSMU’s role is to represent undergraduate students and to offer them services since 1908.
The University Affairs Secretary General will work with the Vice-president (University Affairs) to support student representation, advocacy, and communications in the portfolio.
- Work with the Vice-President (University Affairs) and Student Senators to support the projects and logistics of the Senate Caucus;
- Attend and take minutes at meetings of the Senate Caucus;
- Coordinate outreach to fill student positions on University-level Committees;
- Work with the Vice-President (University Affairs) to train and support University-level Committee student representatives;
- Correspond with University-level Committee contacts and student representatives to ensure student participation and archiving of projects;
- Coordinate University Affairs communications, such as reporting, website content, social media updates, and newsletters;
- Sit on a minimum of one University-level Committee, time permitting;
- Work with the Vice-President (University Affairs) to maintain the University Affairs archives, as needed.
1. Knowledge of the governance structures of both the SSMU and McGill;
2. Ability to coordinate and work with student representatives and the McGill Senate;
3. Highly organized and strong attention to detail;
4. Diligence and impartiality in execution of duties;
5. Strong communication skills both in English and French an asset;
6. Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Paid position: $13.30 per hour
- Hours: On average 5 hours per week
- Contract: June 15th 2019 through April 30th, 2020
- Deadline to apply is on June 9th, 2019 at 11:59 pm