University Affairs Secretary General
- Montreal, Canada
With over 20,000 members, SSMU’s role is to represent undergraduate students and to offer them services since 1908.
The University Affairs Secretary General will work with the Vice-president (University Affairs) to support student representation, advocacy, and communications in the portfolio.
- Work with the Vice-President (University Affairs) and Student Senators to support the projects and logistics of the Senate Caucus;
- Attend and take minutes at meetings of the Senate Caucus;
- Coordinate outreach to fill student positions on University-level Committees;
- Work with the Vice-President (University Affairs) to train and support University-level Committee student representatives;
- Correspond with University-level Committee contacts and student representatives to ensure student participation and archiving of projects;
- Coordinate University Affairs communications, such as reporting, website content, social media updates, and newsletters;
- Sit on a minimum of one University-level Committee, time permitting;
- Work with the Vice-President (University Affairs) to maintain the University Affairs archives, as needed;
- Write a detailed exit report to be submitted to the Vice-President (University Affairs) at least two weeks prior to the end of the contract.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS
To undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Vice-President (University Affairs).
- High pressure work environment from both an operational and political perspective.
- Equipment used: Computer, Microsoft Environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Novell GroupWise and Vibe.
- Knowledge of both SSMU and McGill’s structure;
- Ability to coordinate and work with SSMU Senators and McGill Senate;
- Organization skills;
- Communication skills, verbal and written.
- Paid position: $12.85 per hour
- Hours: On average 8 hours per week
- Contract: May 1st, 2017 through April 30th, 2018
- Deadline to apply is on March 31st, 2017