Head of Design (f/m/d)
- Sonnenstraße 31, 80331 München, Germany
We are Stryber - the largest independent corporate portfolio builder in Europe.
We build corporate unicorns, help our clients launch new digital ventures from scratch (and fix the strategy behind it).
We are a team of 90+ exceptional venturers collaborating from Munich, Zurich, Kiev, and London. We come from over 22 countries and love to be excellent and different. At Stryber you can expect a no-bullshit, down-to-earth, yet high caliber work environment.
Our approach - We build prototypes and MVPs to test and iterate business ideas quickly in the market. Later, we scale and grow the most promising ones to let them become leading solutions in their market. We are full stack – from analytically sound investment theses over rapid MVPs to sophisticated deep-tech solutions, we have a variety of start-up projects ahead of us in several exciting verticals, such as FinTech, PropTech, Digital Health, Food & Beverage or MarTech. Among all corporate venture builders, we are the “strategic” one - we have a comprehensive view on strategy and governance questions around corporate venture building.
At Stryber you can expect a no-bullshit, down-to-earth, yet high caliber work environment. You will be part of the Stryber team – a dynamic team of top-notch experts that is highly motivated to create impact. Over the last five years, we have developed a solid and comprehensive framework for corporate innovation with a very thick secret sauce that is not easy to copy.
Stryber is looking for a Head of Design to lead our talented UX/UI team. You will report to our CPO.
You have the opportunity to join Stryber in our ambition to further grow. Your mission is to ensure the delivery of a great experience to our Stryber clients and ventures, as well as to shape our Stryber brand further. Your will lead and shape our product design team and all our design efforts. Your tasks include:
- Define and build our product design strategy and contribute to the overall product strategy. Be the advocate for an user centric mindset across the organisation
- A leader and role model for positive and empowering behavior
- Collaborate with product, growth, engineering and other stakeholders to define the product vision and strategy, and ensure a consistent brand experience
- Grow, mentor, and lead a team of UX/UI designers and align them with the company’s goals
- Work closely with our marketing and business development teams to help Stryber and our brand grow, e.g. PR campaigns, whitepaper or print material, campaigns, etc.
- Setup UX/UI processes to create a sustainable design culture that can scale as the team grows, while maintaining a cohesive design across the entire product lifecycle
- Build processes that integrate designers with cross-functional teams from discovery to delivery
- Ensure delivery of high quality and consistent user experience across all teams and all projects
- Handle multiple projects at once as part of a fast-paced, deadline-driven creative team
- Demonstrate expert level knowledge of current trends, technology, design systems and other design influences
- While your team will mostly work on specific ventures, you will also work hands-on from time to time on some projects, so this is not a pure leadership-only role
- 5+ years relevant experience, relevant leadership/coaching experience in the past
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders and designers, across multiple projects with a clear design voice and creative precision
- Creative, bold, and digitally savvy
- Strong knowledge of UX/UI (web and mobile)
- You are a self starter, comfortable working in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to prioritize while simultaneously handling demands and changes
- An exceptional portfolio
- Extensive experience in digital and graphic design
- Extensive knowledge on how to improve design processes and collaboration frameworks
- Ability and enthusiasm to coach and mentor UX/UI designers
- Effective communication of strategies
- Collaborative, self-motivated, curious, and humble attitudes
- Fluency in English
- Full-time availability in Munich (freelance or part-time not possible)
- Proficiency (written and oral) in German
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Design sprint and JTBD experience
- Experience in building a design system
- Experience with print material and identity projects
- Attractive compensation package
- Fame and glory for what you will have helped build
- A highly dynamic and energetic environment
- Unique “move fast & break things” culture
- Huge opportunity for personal growth and fascinating projects that actually create impact
- Attractive office in the middle of Munich
- A great remote culture, which allows you to be very flexible; if you prefer to work from sunny beaches or cool mountains from time to time, feel free - just be prepared to get some jealous messages from us on Slack or to receive even more awesome photos in return
- Awesome team challenger events, weekly team lunches, and lots of fun
Start Date: ASAP