Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer @ Zenmieter B2B PropTech Startup (f/m/d)
- Friedrichstraße 76, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
We are Zenmieter - a startup of Stryber - the largest independent corporate venture builder in the DACH region.
We revolutionize the way people of Germany’s real estate market by making renting as easy and effortless as possible. We relieve landlords of all financial risks and torments and offer our tenants a quick move and long-term apartments. We want to empower landlords and tenants so that they can focus on the better things in life. Everyone wins.
As Co-Founder you are part of the founding team and in the role of the CPO you are fully responsible for the product of the company – build a scalable kick-ass team and product, ensure user love and improve the product-related KPIs. This role includes:
- Product discovery:
- You focus on understanding the user problem before you build a potential solution for it: you conduct quantitative and qualitative user research, competitor research, design sprints, prototyping, pilot tests, etc.
- You work very customer-focused: put the customer first in your day-to-day work to improve the digital product based on deep user/customer and market understanding
- Product delivery:
- Craft the product vision and roadmap of the product
- Work with no-code tools (e.g. Wordpress, Bubble) and build a toolchain of tools via APIs
- Own, manage, and prioritize a well-structured product backlog
- Lead SCRUM/KANBAN meetings, including daily stand-ups, retrospectives, and demos
- Build scalable solutions, improve efficiency of all business processes with digital solutions
- Raise a seed funding round right after the start as fast as possible (we will support and provide you with access to our network of investors)
- Build and lead your own team of product managers, UX/UI designers, and engineers
Together with your co-founders you will own the majority of the company, so this a real founder opportunity. We are an investor and not protecting the founders from default risks and challenges that come with starting a company (e.g. running out of cash).
The setup is equal to that of any startup, but with us you already get a proven idea with initial traction, co-founders, some small starting capital, and access to our network and expertises.
- You are super excited about this opportunity and among the 1% of people who are true entrepreneurs at heart! This is a real founder opportunity. You have a strong burning desire to start your own company and are willing to take all the sacrifices and risks it comes with (bankruptcy, not being able to pay you a salary for months, hard work needed day and night to close customers and funding rounds, etc.) Otherwise: don't apply and look for a regular employee job.
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree with outstanding academic results
- You are a product manager at heart, strong passion for building products that customers love: you never take no for an answer, are always ready to execute, and want to be on a mission to build
- You have founded a startup or have held a senior product position in a startup with significant achievements in your role
- 3+ years proven work experience in product management / product owner
- Strong customer-orientation, making user research a priority and decent understanding of research methodologies and how to apply them
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams and managing different stakeholders' expectations
- Effective communicator and empathic moderator even in the most difficult situations, able to calmly listen and be receptive for feedback
- Naturally good prioritisation skills
- Decent technical understanding and/or hands-on experience around software development and web technologies to be able to manage a team of engineers in the early stages of the company
- Experience in building a toolchain by combining different SaaS tools via APIs
- Highly structured, strong problem-solving skills, independent working attitude, and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done
- Experience with common tools such as Wordpress, JIRA, Google Analytics preferred
- Other / Cultural
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organisational and leadership skills
- A strong intrinsic motivation to learn fast and a high intellectual grasp
- You have achieved extraordinary accomplishments in the past
- The ability to keep calm in turbulent, time-critical situations and manage multiple projects
- Empathic, humble, and visionary person
- Fluency in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in German is preferred
- Being able to pay in your share capital amount (typically between 6.000€ and 7.500€)
- A seed stage opportunity: a solid product, a business model proven by real transactions, attractive unit economics and a kick-ass founding team - You can build your own company from the ground up
- A co-founder opportunity with an attractive equity package (you OWN this company together with your co-founders = you hold the majority of shares).
- Depending on the monthly revenue and the initial runway provided by Stryber, you can also pay yourself a small base salary, which is up to you and your co-founders to decide - you manage your cashflow! The salary increases appropriately over time (with additional funding rounds and increasing revenue), you can check out our salary template for indications.
- Don't apply if: you feel not ready to survive with little or any salary for some months to keep the company not run out of cash too soon or you expect to earn beyond €50.000/anno
- We will build a strong founding team around you with skills that complement you and significantly increases the likeliness of success
- The founding team is free to decide on the company location
- The senior team at Stryber always has your back: we are specialists in product, scalable operations, growth, fundraising ... and provide you with guidance, structure, and honest feedback
- You have access to our co-investor as well as corporate network
- Fame and glory for what you will have built
- Valuable support from peer startups within the Stryber portfolio and a highly professional operational team at Stryber, when needed
- A highly dynamic and energetic environment within the Stryber family
Start date: today
Location: Berlin, Munich or remote