Co-Founder & Chief Investment Officer Real Estate @ MyHomely B2C FinTech Startup (f/m/d)
- Friedrichstraße 76, 10117 Berlin, Germany
- Employees can work remotely
We are Stryber - the largest independent corporate portfolio builder in the DACH region. We help our clients launch new digital ventures from scratch (and fix the strategy behind it) as well as build our own ventures.
Our Approach. We build web/mobile prototypes and MVPs to test and iterate business ideas quickly in the market. Later, we scale and grow the most promising ones to let them become leading solutions in their market.
This is where you come in. We carve out several successful MVPs per year into separate legal entities, hire a dedicated management team, and raise an investment round, giving the venture the best chance to become the next European unicorn! You join the CEO to validate the business case and generate first transactions. Then, you achieve product-market fit, raise a seed investment round within the first 6-12 months and continue to grow and scale the business and team further.
The venture. With ever-rising real estate prices, homeownership has become an unaffordable goal for many tenants. Properties are expensive and the majority of households do not have enough savings to put down a deposit for a bank loan to purchase the property. However, a high percentage of them is tired of renting and wants to buy. We developed a new asset class for this “Generation Rent”, which enables households to own their dream home within 5 years with a small deposit and full flexibility. Join us in our mission to make the path to homeownership as seamless and as fast as possible. For more details about MyHomely please have a look here.
As Co-Founder you are part of the founding team and in the role of the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) Real Estate you are fully responsible for all real estate transactions of the company. This role includes:
- Managing and leading the company’s diverse real estate portfolio: finding, evaluating, and acquiring new real estate objects, completing the transaction with all involved parties (landlord, investor, …), managing the properties afterwards
- Responsible for conducting market and demographic research, as well as leading site selection and property tours with teams and third-party service providers
- Preparing market and initial site analysis, including trends, competition reports, and general site information
- Preparing financial analysis to support lease/buy recommendations
- Developing and analyzing budgets and financial information for new locations, including PI and SVA analysis
- Negotiating all terms of a lease/buy contract with prospective landlords and creating all necessary legal documents and agreements
- Building and directing a team of (external) real estate brokers
- Working to establish and maintain relationships with investors, brokers, developers, and landlords
- Preparing regular rent statements, and keeping track of all apartments and properties in our portfolio
- Coordinating with attorneys on purchases of new assets
- Monitoring all leasing activity to insure maximum occupancy and income, and managing the tenement process, including providing tenants with move-in information packets, and conducting credit checks for all potential tenants
- Assisting during acquisition and disposition of properties
- Modelling a full lifecycle financial analysis for projects/assets in the portfolio
Together with your co-founders (CEO and CMO) you will own the majority of the company. So, this is a real founder opportunity!
- You are among the 1% of people who are true entrepreneurs at heart! This is a real founder opportunity. You have a strong burning desire to start your own company and are willing to take all the sacrifices and risks it comes with (bankruptcy, not being able to pay you a salary for months, hard work needed day and night to close customers and funding rounds, etc.). Otherwise: don't apply and look for a regular employee job.
- You hold a Bachelor or Master degree with outstanding academic results, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Business, marketing, or Real Estate
- You have held a senior real estate asset management role (e.g. in private equity or investment banking) with significant achievements in your role as well as a proven track record of successful real estate transactions is essential
- Current knowledge of industry trends in real estate and development, and a natural desire to understand specific market characteristics; experience of commercial real estate analysis/asset management experience with an emphasis in residential properties. Experience in property management/leasing/operations is desirable
- Interpersonal as well as negotiation skills for establishing and building and maintaining relationships with relevant parties (management, investors, property managers, landlords, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial spirit: It is essential for asset managers to be entrepreneurial since many of the activities involved, such as negotiations, approvals and lease analysis, require that risks be assumed and forecasts made
- Passion and vision for building a leading FinTech company in Europe with a strong hands-on attitude
- Work experience in a startup is a plus
- Fluency in German & English is a must as this position is strategically important to the DACH market
- You are not afraid to work hands-on as co-founder outside of your “job role” → get ready to work on a variety of responsibilities (that you might not have done before) in the early stages of this company!
- You are self-driven, ready to hustle every day (and night) and get things done
- Achiever mentality: You can show a track record of extraordinary accomplishments and previous entrepreneurial activities
- Being able to pay in your share capital amount (typically between 6.000€ and 7.500€)
- A seed stage opportunity: a solid product, a business model proven by real transactions, attractive unit economics and a kick-ass founding team - You can build your own company from the ground up
- A co-founder opportunity with an attractive equity package (you OWN this company together with the co-founders).
- Don't apply if: you feel not ready to survive with little or any salary for some months to keep the company from running out of cash too soon or you expect to earn beyond €50.000/p.a.
Start date: asap
Location: Munich, Berlin or remote