Commercial Real Estate - Industry Leader (Business Development Leader)
- 114 E 25th St, New York, New York, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to happy hours and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense is seeking an energetic, thoughtful and experienced (CRE) Commercial Real Estate – Industry Leader. In this role, you will be responsible for building brand presence, cultivating new business, growing existing accounts and retaining key clients within the commercial real estate sector. You will also participate in firm-wide marketing, thought leadership, and business development initiatives to provide clients with a 360 view of our multi-disciplinary services: real estate strategy, retail strategy, demand /feasibility research, brand vision, interior design, food & beverage strategy, go to market strategy, and marketing to drive engagement and consumer demand.
At Streetsense, our Commercial Real Estate team oversees three core industries: mixed-use developments, retail environments, and commercial office. A deep understanding of these groups and how to drive economic demand will be required.
This role will play a key role in overseeing keystone commercial real estate accounts and projects to ensure results meet client expectations and are completed in accordance with our standards. The Industry Leader will work with their team as well as local Market Leaders and Practice Leaders to win, keep, and grow clients.
The Commercial Real Estate – Industry Leader will report to the Chief Growth Officer.
- Provide vision, strategic direction and thought leadership to advance the company’s commercial real estate sector
- Develop strategic business development, client expansion and client retention plans for the commercial real estate sector
- This is someone from the agency or consulting side of the business who understands account planning and the full life cycle of a commercial real estate project
- Execute and maintain extensive contacts with key representatives of commercial real estate networks to establish circles of influence
- Prospect and qualify leads
- Lead and provide guidance to the team in winning work
- Represent Streetsense at events, conferences and other related commercial real estate sector activities
- Build key relationships within CBRE and other Commercial Real Estate Groups to grow our business
- Respond to RFP/RFQs and develop proposal responses in collaboration with Principals
- Develop and prepare PowerPoint presentations to showcase our work
- Provide oversight for commercial real estate customer care program
- Provide thought leadership
Key Metrics for Success: Meeting Overall Team Financial and Customer Care Goals, Client Growth, Client Retention, Revenue Expansion, Industry Knowledge, New Client Acquisition, Active Thought Leadership
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university; Master's Degree or other advanced education is a plus
- Excellent skills in managing and developing satisfactory relationships with clients, consultants, partners and other vested interests
- Agency, Professional Services Firm, or In-House Client Services/Agency experience is key
- Understanding of the account planning process and the full life cycle of a commercial real estate process.
- A minimum of 8 years in the commercial real estate industry leading sales and proposal efforts
- A minimum of 5 years working in a design, architecture, planning or commercial real estate firm supporting real estate projects, systems and people
- A minimum of 3 years leading a business development or customer relationship team
- Ability to independently define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyze RFQ/RFP requirements
- Ability to write proposals
- Technical competencies including: Microsoft Office including PowerPoint; Deltek and CRM tool
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills: ability to prioritize competing scheduling demand
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team structure
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Additional desired skills & experience
- Current commercial real estate affiliation and/or membership with local, state or national industry organization is a plus
- Comes with current book of commercial real estate business, relationships and leads
- Proven track record in developing new services, building and/or enhancing a professional practice
- Extensive working knowledge of fee proposals, negotiations, and contract/subcontract administration
Keywords - ("Business Development", "Sales Executive", "VP of Business Development", Vice President of Business Development", "VP of Sales", "Vice President of Sales", "Hospitality and Sales")
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.