Contract Management Specialist
- 3 Bethesda Metro Center, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
This role will support our Legal team and work with our Growth and Delivery teams to administer a proposal and contract management process. As the position progresses, it will support other legal-related duties related to corporate governance, risk management, and operations as assigned. The position is based in the Company’s Bethesda, MD office.
- Develop a proposal and contract management process.
- Research, assist with selection of, and implement a digital contract management system.
- Track and maintain all corporate contracts.
- Collaborate internally to manage priority list of documents in legal review and contract negotiation.
- Prepare and disseminate information regarding contract status.
- Ensure contracts are renewed or terminated, as appropriate.
- Coordinate and correspond with internal and external parties to track authorizations and compliance.
- Create, update and organize contract files, electronically and hard copy.
- Maintain a system to identify, track and monitor contract requirements, such as deadlines conditions, and non-standard terms.
- Assist with contract review.
- Conduct factual and legal research.
- Coordinate contracts for signatures, obtain fully executed copies, and update contract management system.
- Manage contract templates, including access to AIA standard contract templates.
- Manage a contract requirements database across all professional services and requirements unique to practice areas, including but not limited to brand design, interior/architecture standard of care, planning and consulting.
- Provide administrative legal team support.
Certificates of Insurance, Licenses and Corporate Records
- Oversee and execute all matters related to certificates of insurance.
- Compare contract insurance requirements company coverage to identify gaps.
- Track and maintain architectural licenses and filings for architectural entities.
Policies and Procedures
- Ensure contract execution is in accordance with company policy.
- Assist in the maintenance, tracking, and documenting of company's compliance policies and/or practices.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Paralegal degree or other contract management certification desired.
- Five plus years of experience in contract management.
- Experience in a professional service firms and commercial real estate industry standards a plus.
- Experience in a fast-paced, client-focused environment.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to be proactive in completing assignments and job responsibilities on time and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of team members and disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with digital contract management systems, such as Concord.
- Experience with Deltek or another accounting/project-planning software a plus.
- Experience leveraging communication platforms to enhance operational efficiencies.
- High attention to detail and excellent editing abilities.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.