- 3 Bethesda Metro Center, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The General Counsel will serve as legal advisor for the Company with duties that include corporate contract and governance, risk management, operations, and board related matters. The individual must excel at leadership while also undertaking executional and transactional work. This is a hands-on role and will manage significant and complex corporate legal and contractual matters across multiple teams, practice areas, and industries. The position is based in the Company’s Bethesda, MD office.
- Understand business requirements and develop/refine a summary of requirements, provisions, and risks unique to company practice areas to utilize in contract review.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contracts including client, non-disclosure, vendor, leases, employment, and other commercial agreements, including managing third-party negotiations and disputes.
- Develop and manage standard contract templates and access thereto, for documents such as Master Services Agreements (MSAs), Statements of Work (SOWs), AIA standard agreements, Nondisclosure Agreements (NDAs), privacy agreements, consulting agreements, and sub-consulting agreements.
- Manage litigation and administrative claims.
- Conduct factual and legal research.
Contract Management, Certificates of Insurance, Licenses and Corporate Records
- Manage, improve, and streamline the contract management process.
- Supervise contract management specialist.
Corporate Governance, Risk Management, Policies and Procedures, and Special Projects
- Responsible for corporate record keeping and compliance, including licensing across multiple U.S. states and foreign countries.
- Work with the CFO to establish an enterprise risk management system.
- Manage and enhance corporate insurance requirements and policies.
- Assist in maintaining, tracking, and documenting Company's compliance policies and/or practices.
- Assist in employment related matters.
- Assist with due diligence matters.
- Work with and manage outside counsels.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited University or College.
- License to practice in Maryland, Virginia, and/or District of Columbia.
- Five or more years of experience in contract law practice with a law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Demonstrated skill in contract law, with a focus on real estate and professional services.
- Prior experience with corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, entity formation/dissolution, and international organizations a plus.
- Strong drafting, writing, and negotiating skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of team members and disciplines.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands in a fast-paced work environment, including productively handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- Ability to travel from time-to-time
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.