- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense is seeking an experienced, organized, and resourceful individual to provide high-level executive support – including managing and coordinating calendars, travel, meetings, special projects, and administrative needs. This role reports directly to the CEO and will support other executives as needed.
You are an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with a great attitude. You are also detailed-oriented and a juggler of multiple tasks. You flourish in a fast-paced, hard working environment. You have strong office skills and are a self-starter. You also like food, to literally and figuratively fuel the team.
You are approachable, flexible, and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a fast-growing company. A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this position, as is attention to detail. Strong written and verbal communication skills are also a must.
- Manage and amend calendars and schedules for executives and other senior leaders on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.
- Plan and coordinate travel and provide meeting/client event coordination and support.
- Own the creation and organization of board, executive, senior leadership, and client meetings, conference calls, reports, and notes.
- Prepare, submit, and track time entry and expense reporting.
- Provide administrative assistance to the executive team, including scanning, filing, creating reports, managing digital and hard files, running errands, and assisting in planning social events.
- Be a point of contact for executives and other senior leaders, including answering and returning phone calls, fielding team inquiries, and more.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Conduct research and prepare presentation materials.
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Participate as needed in special department projects.
- Assist the office management team, when and as needed, including: providing friendly, courteous, and professional assistance to Streetsense team members, clients, and visitors; recognizing and greeting clients by name, confidently direct them and respond to inquiries; assisting with managing the front desk; ordering meals and refreshments; and conference and meeting preparation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 6+ years of experience supporting at the executive level in a mid- to large-sized office setting (100+ staff).
- Highest level of work ethic and integrity, and a demonstrated level of discretion in handling privileged information.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with Streetsensers at all levels in a professional manner.
- Exceptional writing skills with ability to compose, edit, and manage correspondence at senior levels.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to be proactive in completing assignments on time and with minimal supervision.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud a plus.
- Experience assisting senior leaders with the creation of presentations using a variety of software packages, including PowerPoint.
- Experience leveraging communication platforms to enhance operational efficiencies.
- Experience scheduling travel and meeting arrangements.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Notary Public a plus.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must include a resume in their application.