Business Development Associate
- Jefferson Blvd, Culver City, CA, USA
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design consultancy. We are designers, architects, marketers, branding gurus, entrepreneurs, artists, chefs, restaurant owners, hoteliers, mixologists, musicians, moms, and millennials. We are left- and right-brained, book and street smart. We come together to design immersive, multisensory experiences.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to happy hours, community engagement initiatives, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative, creative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense is looking for a savvy, personable, and enthusiastic professional to join our growing Los Angeles Team.
The Business Development (BD) Associate will be working directly with Managing Director, West Coast to help manage the current sales pipeline, research potential new clients, and compile materials for client pitches and meetings. This role is ideal for goal-oriented candidates looking to develop valuable sales experience within a fast-paced environment. If you are a go-getter with excellent communication skills and a passion for relationship-building this is the job for you!
- Support Managing Director, West Coast and Global Business Development team with lead generation, CRM system updates, proposal follow-up, and conference and event support and/or attendance and related strategic planning.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of sales pipeline and deal progression.
- Conduct research and assist with business development meeting preparation and pitch decks.
- Attend client pitches and meetings with Business Development team as needed.
- Work with Business Development to shepherd proposals through the proposal process.
- Be a point of contact for communications on behalf of the Business Development team, including answering and returning e-mails and phone calls.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Ensure the BD team calendar of events and travel itineraries are well-coordinated to maximize client meetings and events.
- Work with the Internal Marketing team to developing presentations for internal and external speaking opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- About 25% travel expected.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, business administration, marketing, or related field
- Background in a sales or deadline-driven environment/culture
- At least 5 years of sales/business development experience required
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects without missing deadlines or details
- Superior written and verbal skills (including public speaking and impeccable spelling and grammar) with a strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite – specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign
- Familiarity with Pipedrive or another sales CRM/pipeline management software preferred
- Detail-oriented – you don’t let anything slip through the cracks
- Extremely creative and innovative
- Excellent interpersonal skills – you have the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively and cooperatively with a variety of team members and disciplines
- Excel in a fast-past, start-up like environment
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to be proactive in completing assignments and job responsibilities on time and with minimal supervision
- Passionate about business development
- Experience in one of the following industries: Real Estate (Multifamily, Mixed Use), Hospitality (Restaurants, Hotels), Retail, and Lifestyle brands
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must include a resume in their application.