Real Estate Strategist
- Jefferson Blvd, Culver City, CA, USA
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence. Our headquarters is located in Bethesda, MD and we have offices in DC, LA, NYC, and Madrid.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering an environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks a highly motivated Real Estate Strategist who has a creative mind and an eye for design to join our talented Real Estate Strategy team. This individual must believe that retail and the public realm of real estate is the differentiator in today’s confusing real estate landscape. is a retail and occupier pro with a creative mind and an eye for design to join our talented Real Estate Strategy team. The Real Estate Strategist is a detail-oriented person with experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment with a heavy emphasis on retail occupiers, public space curation and activation and planning. A successful candidate must be a strategic, creative, and solutions-focused thinker. Working in a growing, yet small studio, the Real Estate Strategist must embrace collaboration, have strong writing and communication skills, be a self-starter, and thrive in an open-office environment.
The Real Estate Strategist will work and collaborate closely with key team members in Research, Planning, and Branding to provide, prepare, recommend, and implement ground floor, retail and public space real estate strategies for clients. ensure best-in-class delivery of key written proposals, RFP responses, and other strategic new business endeavors. They will provide, prepare, recommend, and implement real estate strategies for clients. Collaboration with all Streetsense studios is critical to this position.
This role will be a key part of our growing Los Angeles team and will report to our Director of Real Estate, who is based in the Bethesda, MD office.
- Create and implement real estate strategies and plans with an understanding of the client's strategic financial and real estate goals.
- Through networking and business development, strengthen Streetsense’s presence in the real estate community, including the identification of new business opportunities, preparation for and execution of pitches.
- Draft and create a large variety of analyses and relevant documents, including but not limited to: project strategies and merchandising plans, market comparable reports, Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal comparison packages, and letters of intent.
- Draft proposals for new business, set up project initiation and scope definition on new assignments, prioritization of assignments, and adherence to client-driven priorities, commitments, and milestones.
- Understand how to review, analyze, and interpret financial analysis templates including book and cash flow projections, NPV (net present value), and/or IRR (internal rate of return) financial analyses to enable clients to make more informed decisions.
- Monitor and maintain a real estate project tracking system to ensure timely transaction completion and client communication from BD to job completion.
- Identify and implement new methods for interpreting and communicating data for the purposes developing internal and client strategy.
- Update and utilize Streetsense CRM
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university and a minimum of three to five years of related experience and/or training
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to clients
- Effective presentation skills
- Requires knowledge of financial terms and principles
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret standard real estate documents and terms
- Problem-solving skills, involving several options in situations
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated, and problem solving-oriented
- High attention to detail and quality control
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must include a resume in their application.