Senior Project Designer - Hospitality + Multifamily
- Jefferson Blvd, Culver City, CA, USA
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate in a new way, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence. Our headquarters is located in Bethesda, MD and we have offices in DC, LA, NYC, and Madrid.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering an environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense is seeking a Senior Project Designer with expertise in Hospitality and/or Multifamily to join our team in LA!
In this role you will be part of a growing LA team focused on creating innovative concepts for hospitality and multifamily projects. You will be a self‐directed participant in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process including, but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases of design and construction within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements. You will be making independent decisions for projects and project teams while creatively leading multiple projects and liaising directly with clients and consultants.
- Serve as creative lead throughout project design and delivery process, while partnering with project management and technical leads for a variety of projects simultaneously
- Lead design meetings with internal team and clients
- Participate during all phases of project delivery
- Interface directly with clients, contractors, and consultants
- Act as a mentor and teacher to design staff with goal of guiding and helping them grow through their careers
- Support business development activities, including proposal creation and interviews
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB‐accredited program
- 10-12+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably with Hospitality and Multifamily projects
- Advanced knowledge of industry trends and applications
- Experience working on projects and with clients in California
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign and Photoshop
- Advanced experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Advanced experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Advanced experience with FF&E providers and FF&E specifications/writing
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Architectural License or NCIDQ certification preferred
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative, and professional
- Ability to contribute to and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must include an attachment or link to portfolio/work samples.