- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate in a new way, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence. Our headquarters is located in Bethesda, MD and we have offices in DC, LA, NYC, and Madrid.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense is looking for a savvy, creative and enthusiastic marketing strategist to join our marketing team in Bethesda, Maryland. You love figuring out “what’s next” in the world of marketing communications — whether it’s TikTok, Direct Messaging or IG Threads — and rolling up your sleeves to figure out how it all works. You subscribe to marketing and advertising industry newsletters, have strong opinions on the best brand marketing campaigns of 2019, and have a (well-researched) hunch about what trends we’ll be seeing in 2020 and beyond. You have a talent for identifying themes and mutually beneficial opportunities across multiple platforms and stakeholders, and can thoughtfully reflect on past work to identity which elements were successful, which were not, and what you learned from the process. Above all, you’re able to form data-driven marketing opinions and articulate them in a clear, concise, and convincing manner.
Research + Analysis
- Own competitive reviews for clients seeking go-to-market strategies: Identify top industry competitors, delineate key categories to review and analyze across competitors, develop insights around that analysis, and clearly articulate recommendations for the client. This may include website content and user experience, social media channel strategy, social media content and community management strategy, event strategy, influencer strategy, and public relations strategy.
- Conduct industry and trends research to keep clients and internal team members on top of the latest marketing strategies and advocate for their adoption.
- Leverage competitive research, trend analysis, and client goals to develop actionable marketing recommendations integrating paid media (search, display, social, print), earned media (PR), owned media (website, email, blog, events), and social media strategies.
- Help marry the creative “big idea” to the logistics of marketing channel distribution strategies and performance.
- Help identify relevant key performance indicators for monitoring success against client goals.
- Collect and analyze campaign performance data — such as website traffic, email open and click-through rates, and social media engagement rates — to develop monthly insights and strategy pivot recommendations.
- Create and maintain project timelines to shepherd deliverables from start to finish and keep other team members on-track for on time delivery.
- Coordinate internal meetings and brainstorms and client meetings as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience in a public relations, writing, social media, or other communications role
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or related field
- Passionate about evolving trends, tools, and platform features in the world of marketing communications
- Process-oriented and progress-focused; excels at “getting stuff done”
- Strong research, analytical, and writing skills
- Experience with consumer lifestyle brands
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume, cover letter, website link, etc. All applicants must submit a resume.