Digital Strategy Intern
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Intern
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits, to weekly bagel breakfasts and happy hours for staff, Streetsense prides itself on creating a place where employees want to show up every day and fostering a collaborative environment.
Streetsense is looking for an analytical, clever and digitally-minded candidate to join the Digital Strategy team this Fall in Bethesda, MD (right outside of Washington, DC). This role will support the Digital Strategy team - both on the marketing implementation side and the marketing research side. Ideal candidates have some experience with or knowledge of the below, as well as superior communication skills. An excellent researcher and analytical thinker, the selected candidate will possess the ability to thoughtfully articulate opinions in the realms of digital marketing and is an eager, passionate and motivated team player.
This role is a four or five month paid internship and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
In support of the digital marketing specialists and ongoing digital marketing implementation, the digital strategy intern will assist with:
- SEO setup and maintenance tactics
- Paid search optimizations and monitoring in Google Ads and Bing Ads
- Digital marketing reporting through Google Data Studio
- Lead generation campaign maintenance for internal marketing efforts
- Campaign buildout assistance in Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Business Manager, and Twitter Ads
In support of the marketing research analyst, the digital strategy intern will assist with:
- Competitive analysis of website, digital and social content
- Social listening and online sentiment analysis exercises
- Survey building and analysis
- Market analysis
- Audience identification and persona development
Tools and platforms that the digital strategy intern may work with include:
- Google Analytics
- Google Ads
- Bing Ads
- Google Search Console
- Conductor Searchlight
- Esri BAO + ArcGIS
- Degree in Marketing or Data Science preferred; capabilities in website analytics, data analytics, and/or digital marketing a plus
- Ability to analyze data, think critically, and communicate
- Full-time availability (Monday-Friday, 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.)
- Highly competent researcher
- Takes pride in work, but welcomes feedback
- Has and can articulate opinions in the realm of digital marketing
- Knowledge of and experience with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads, Survey Monkey or Qualtrics, or GIS platforms a plus
- Is proactive and takes initiative, whether in asking questions, soliciting feedback, or making suggestions
- Thinks two steps ahead and anticipates the next needs of a project
- Is prepared to produce “client-ready” work and understands the importance of proofreading and research
- Takes ownership over tasks and deadlines
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter.