Content Strategy Intern
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Intern
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits, to weekly bagel breakfasts and happy hours for staff, Streetsense prides itself on creating a place where employees want to show up every day and fostering a collaborative environment.
Streetsense is seeking a clever, creative, and brand-minded candidate to join our growing content strategy team this fall in our Bethesda, MD office. The Content Strategy Intern will support the content strategy team (inclusive of content producers, content strategists and community managers) through business development research, competitive analysis, creative concepting, brainstorming, influencer identification, campaign performance tracking, strategic social media following, and developing both written and visual social media content. An excellent researcher and writer with an eye for visual content, the selected candidate will possess the ability to thoughtfully articulate opinions in the realms of digital marketing and is an eager, passionate and motivated team player.
This role is a four or five month paid internship, and will be compensated on an hourly basis.
- Review and contribute to content strategies across all agency practice groups, companies, and clients.
- Conduct research on prospective clients for new business proposals.
- Audit and analyze competitor websites, social media channels, and brand messaging for new and prospective clients.
- Collect data and statistics to help measure the success of campaigns in client reports.
- Keep up with and report on industry trends in branding, messaging, and social media.
- Assist copywriters in writing optimized meta-descriptions and draft copy for client websites and blogs.
- Assist content team in developing editorial and content calendars, drafting and designing social media posts, generating UTM codes and custom links, and strategically building social media followings.
- Post and boost paid content across social media platforms.
- Participate in idea brainstorming for current clients.
- Degree in Journalism, Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Media Studies or English
- Regularly uses social platforms (including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn) and is familiar with platform posting best practices (knowledge of and experience with Facebook Business Manager, Twitter Ads Manager, and/or LinkedIn Campaigns Manager a plus)
- Capabilities in design, photography, videography, and/or Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Previous experience in a newsroom environment a plus
- Keen ability to quickly create large volumes of engaging and thoughtful content
- Highly competent researcher
- Takes pride in work, but welcomes feedback
- Has and can articulate opinions in the realm of brands, messaging, and digital marketing
- Is a proactive self-starter and takes initiative, whether in asking questions, soliciting feedback, or making suggestions
- Thinks two steps ahead and anticipates the next needs of a project
- Is prepared to produce “client-ready” work and understands the importance of proofreading and research
- Takes ownership over tasks and setting deadlines
- Full-time availability (Monday-Friday, 8:30 am-5:30 pm)
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must submit a resume and cover letter.