- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits, to weekly bagel breakfasts and happy hours for staff, Streetsense prides itself on creating a place where employees want to show up every day and fostering a collaborative environment.
The Designer, Architecture performs within a design team in a supporting-role in multiple aspects of the Architecture process including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements. They support the design and documentation efforts on architecture and cross-practice branded and mixed-use projects.
Depending on level of experience, the Designer may lead aspects of or entire projects (depending on Scope of project and prior experience).
- Display passion and an innovative approach to architecture that combines collaboration, entrepreneurship, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in design, design execution, and sustainable principles.
- Work with team on multiple, complex projects through all phases from proposal through construction.
- Active participant in client engagement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the architectural design process and integration of interior architecture/branded design concepts with the ability to develop design element components.
- Think and design three-dimensionally with creative and conceptual skills.
- Integrate graphic communications and brand messaging into the built environment.
- Develop and coordinate detailed design concepts, functional requirements, and project-design criteria.
- Assist with design and technical coordination among disciplines, and respond to technical implications of design decisions.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops associated research and documentation for these solutions.
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- Assist design presentations in client meetings.
- Professional Bachelor/Master Degree in Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB-accredited program
- 5-10 years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the mixed-use and/or retailing industries
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software preferred
- Graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp preferred
- Experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Experience with construction materials and specifications
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color, and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must include an attachment or link to portfolio/work samples.