Chief People Leader
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The role of Chief People Leader at Streetsense is designed to focus on providing the best experience possible for each potential employee, employee, and alumnus. The CPL will identify key needs and drive change from the ground up by removing barriers and enabling team members. Key responsibilities include recruitment, engagement, retention, and HR compliance. This role will ensure leaders are informed of both team successes and challenges, identify necessary changes and initiatives, and implement solutions.
This role will report directly to the CEO with dotted line responsibility to the CFO. The CPL will supervise staff such as a Talent Acquisition Manager and Coordinator.
About the Job:
- Manage internal and external recruiting specialists
- Develop an internal and external culture of magnetic appeal, including managing online reputation (e.g. Glassdoor)
- Coordinate with recruiting specialist to review annual headcount budgets and regularly meet with business unit leaders and hiring managers to understand and anticipate hiring needs and timelines
- Mesh hiring with related KPIs and strategic planning
- Develop a career path “road map” across the agency
- Coordinate with recruiting specialist and managers to develop and maintain job descriptions and defined job roles
- Onboard new employees with the assistance of Recruiting Specialist and HR Generalist
- Conduct exit interviews and surveys
- Work with the CEO and Culture Committee to develop an engagement plan based on foresight, accountability/ownership, growth, compliance, and responsiveness
- Design, compile, and deliver results of periodic staff surveys
- Develop and publish career pathing
- Develop an employee feedback loop to gather continuous improvement ideas and to let employees know they are being heard and understood
- Ensure cohesion and a shared corporate culture across multiple offices
Retention: Internal Communications
- Uphold the agency cultural code of conduct, shared language and cultural standards as set forth in our M.O. Guide
- Draft overall system of management and communications
- Prepare a roadmap for retention
- Oversee agendas and content for company programming such as staff and leadership meetings
- Manage internal communications such as new hires, open positions, departures, and major milestones
Retention: Training & Education
- Own training and education initiatives including leadership training, risk management, and professional development
- Identify outside resources (if needed) to supplement internal programming, such as LinkedIn curriculum
- Create and implement functional training such as performance review writing and feedback delivery, managing conflict, and leading meetings
- Manage the company’s mentorship program
Retention: Organizational Development
- Develop a clear corporate structure and manage and maintain up-to-date organizational charts
- Oversee the performance management program including creating accountability through targets with clear measures
- Work to professionalize and scale the HR department and the broader organization to prepare for future growth
- Identify and implement HR department efficiencies
- Develop programs to support growth and geographical dispersion, such as a formal telework and virtual employee program
- Develop high performer programs to elevate and empower key employees
- Lead people and HR integration efforts for future acquisitions
- Develop an alumni program to foster “Streetsense for life” and leverage for employee and client referrals
HR Compliance and General Matters
- Ensure compliance with relevant federal, state, and local labor laws
- Administer certain benefit programs, such as education assistance plans
- Conduct annual benefits enrollment
- Review, update, and disseminate our Employee Handbook
- Work with CFO and CEO to develop compensation plans
- Review and make recommendations for annual benefit program, including providers
- Confident and independently motivated People Management and Human Resources (HR) professional with 10+ years of experience, including work with creative agencies and/or professional services firms.
- Passionate about driving growth and facilitating change for the company through a focus on its people.
- Process-oriented leader who is fluent in all aspects of HR.
- Embrace innovative HR solutions and process improvement with a demonstrated ability to think analytically and develop creative solutions.
- Known for your effective time management, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Unphased by a high-volume workload with multiple priorities.
- Communicating all types of messages in all mediums is easy for you.
- Bachelor’s degree and, preferably, your PHR or SPHR certification.
- Experience with all the usual software: Microsoft Office, HRIS, and Applicant Tracking Systems.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.