Senior Project Designer
- 114 E 25th St, New York, NY, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The Senior Project Designer performs within a design team in a self‐directed manner in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements.
Senior Project Designers will lead multiple projects and liaise directly with clientele and consultants.
This position is based in our New York City office, we are seeking a candidate currently in the NYC market.
- Lead project design and delivery process, including comprehension of scope deliverables; partner with project management and technical leads on projects
- Partner with senior leadership on elevating design ideas, values, and standards
- Act as lead designer for a variety of projects simultaneously
- Lead design meetings with internal team and clients
- Participate during all phases of project delivery
- Interface with client, contractor, and consultants
- Act as a mentor and teacher to design staff with goal of guiding and growing them through their careers
- Support business development activities, including proposals and interviews
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB‐accredited program
- 10-12+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the Hospitality, Multi-Family, and/or Restaurant Industries
- Experience working with projects and clients in New York City
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp
- Advanced experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Advanced experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Advanced experience with FF&E providers and FF&E specifications/writing (for FF&E focused designers)
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color, and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Suggest Architectural License or NCIDQ certified
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
- Advanced comprehension of industry trends and applications