- 114 E 25th St, New York, NY 10010, USA
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks a Research Analyst to drive qualitative research methods for cross-studio projects. Data-driven design is a philosophy the Research + Analysis studio lives by, and we are looking for a new team member to help shape research methodologies and quantitative and qualitative data collection. This work will cross a myriad of project types, in both the private and public sector, and will shape both market analysis research design techniques and research strategies. As a growing, yet small studio, our newest hire must embrace collaboration, have strong communication skills, be a self-starter, and thrive in an open-office environment.
This position will be based in either our New York City office or our HQ in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Conducting comprehensive qualitative and quantitative research and surveys to gather and analyze facts and data on various areas that effect real estate decisions – urban planning, economics, consumer patterns, etc.
- Preparing and presenting data, analysis, and recommendations in the form of 2- and 3-D graphic models, reports, charts, maps, and other multi-media information products using such information technology as ArcGIS, Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, and other graphic database, presentation, and planning software.
- Organizing and conducting consultation meetings, site visits, and design charrettes with a variety of client types.
- Contributing original research and writing to our content marketing efforts, including social media and blog.
- Preparing and packaging proposals and responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs).
- Performing comprehensive analysis in the form of technical reports, data, maps, and graphic materials to address current problems and provide guidance.
- Developing and conducting public engagement strategies to solicit public stakeholder participation, including public meetings, facilitated discussions, social media, website, and other technology-based approaches.
- Providing general project and operations support, which may include drafting proposal responses.
- 1-5 years of experience in real estate, urban planning, economic development, and similar
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in urban planning, economics, public policy, real estate or other closely related field
- Previous professional or academic experience conducting economic research and data analysis for a variety of industry sectors is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong skills in quantitative and qualitative data analysis
- Intellectually curious, self-starter who is comfortable working both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to take independent initiative and demonstrate problem-solving skills
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Application Requirements - all candidates must submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (not to exceed 500 words) on the trend of online retailers opening physical stores