Business Development Manager
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The Business Development Manager will own the agency’s proposal process, shepherding proposals from RFI/RFP through delivery. This person works well on tight deadlines, and coordinates every step of the process, assembling all necessary materials accurately and efficiently. Part brand manager, part project manager, this person has a discerning eye for detail, works well independently, and is able to craft a compelling story around a pitch.
The Business Development Manager spearheads the collaboration, coordination and writing of necessary proposals, presentations, and other business development materials and works closely with internal marketing team members to ensure standardization and customization of all proposals, case studies, and presentation materials. They will coordinate, review and edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, including representatives from sales, marketing, practice group leaders, and finance.
This person will be a part of the growth team and work closely with the Business Development team, Marketing team, Practice Group Leaders to centralize our proposal process and provide support for key business pursuits. This role will report directory into the Director of Marketing.
- Shepherd the agency proposal process and be the brand manager of a consistent and timely process
- Work closely with project managers on the process to ensure efficiency, consistency, usage of best practices and templates
- Publish a weekly list of active proposals and their due dates, serving as the traffic manager ensuring deadlines are met across the agency
- Lead key proposal initiatives and respond to key multi-discipline initiatives
- Pull key players together to provide necessary collaboration on proposals
- Participate in the “go, no-go” process and take approved pursuits from start to finish with full accountability
- Work with internal marketing to develop and protect agency brand standards across all proposals
- Provide a weekly report on proposals out and support the head of sales operations on reporting and any other data needed to quantify and qualify each pursuit investment and success metrics
- Ensure all agency proposals are centralized into one folder
- Negotiate the internal landscape of resources and people to move through the sales and proposal process with efficiency
- Respond to requests for information (RFI) and request for proposals (RFP) with collaboration from the key team assigned to each opportunity
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the agency pipeline and its impact to other pipelines, work in Pipedrive and HubSpot and train future participants to ensure 100% adoption.
- Support sales team to manage leads, CRM system, and follow up on proposals, conferences, and events that generate opportunity for the company.
- Maintain communication accountability with the subject matter expert team
- Attend the weekly sales meeting and provide a report on proposals out and proposals due
- Attend events to provide support to the business development and marketing process
- Support subject matter experts on all things to help the sales process run efficiently and smoothly.
- Support managing and facilitating usage of CRM tool
- Support ongoing company marketing efforts by providing valuable input on what’s working and not working in the sales process
- Provide metrics and feedback to the executive team on proposals out, proposals lost & why, and closing ratios so we can learn and evolve the proposal process.
- Develop, manage, and organize content for firm’s library of project/executive summaries, team member resumes, cover letters, and other supporting materials.
- Coordinate/Prepare proposals by determining concept; gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; obtaining approvals.
- Write cohesive proposals and presentations with information gathered from many sources.
- Manage the proposal and presentation creation process of others (such as Project Directors and Managers) by holding them accountable for task deadlines and quality of deliverables.
- Build consensus among team members and maintain accountability.
- Meet deadlines by establishing priorities and proper scheduling of information gathering, writing, review, and approval.
- Successfully translate verbal descriptions of project scope into a structured, strategic proposal.
- Proofread and edit proposal text and other documents for proper grammar, spelling, comprehension and style.
- Write, manage, and organize content for firm's library of project/executive summaries, team member resumes, cover letters, and other supporting materials.
- Prepare presentations by evaluating text and graphics and coordinating printing and binding with support team members.
- Facilitate the gathering of key reporting and metrics monitoring for the leadership team through support team
- Partner with Business Development team to provide insights into data and present a clear and concise picture of pipeline status to key stakeholders
- Discover ways of incorporating innovative and strategic practices into the Streetsense process and company culture.
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Experience in proposal writing, RFI, and RFP responses
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite — specifically, Adobe InDesign
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in a fast paced, agency setting
- Excellent written and verbal skills (including impeccable spelling and grammar) with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively and cooperatively with a variety of team members and disciplines
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects without missing deadlines or details
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Background in a sales or deadline-driven environment/culture
- Experience in an architectural or agency environment with business development and/or proposal writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.