Senior Content Strategist
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The Senior Content Strategist manages our clients’ branded social media accounts, including everything from research and editorial planning to content production, channel management, and reporting. This person will be working on content development, leading campaign and post concepts, and proactively bringing creative ideas to the table.
This person works alongside key stakeholders on the marketing team — including content strategists, community managers, and digital specialists — to develop a social media playbook at the outset of a contract; map out editorial calendars on a quarterly or monthly basis; collaborate with subject matter experts in design, photography, and videography on content production; and post and boost content across social platforms. This role also includes managing conversation among influencers, social media community members, and serving as the voice of the brand to the community (and vice versa).
The role may also include some people management responsibilities, including mentoring junior staff on social media platform and community management best practices; reviewing and approving work from junior staff; overseeing timesheets and vacation requests; and holding weekly one-on-one meetings with direct reports to facilitate their career growth and success in their roles.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Create and oversee content strategy, content development and community management for social media clients. Channels include: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.
- Develop and manage playbooks, editorial calendars, shot lists, asset collection, art direction, and collaboration with in-house design team to execute resources needed for account success.
- Attend and represent clients at industry events, providing live social media support.
- Communicate schedules to leadership and clients on a regular basis for review and approval.
- Drive paid campaigns to target and/or grow an audience; deploy, monitor, and report on the success of a campaign.
- Work with the digital team to manage digital advertisement campaigns.
- Research industry trends and projects to assist with marketing collateral and pitches.
- Manage and mentor content producers, ensuring adherence to strategy and quality of work.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in marketing, PR, business administration, English, or communications
- 4-6 years of experience in a social media, community manager, internal marketing, or PR role
- Experience leading social portfolios and managing small teams
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and reporting mechanisms
- Excellent writing skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to analyze, evaluate, and effectively communicate results
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and proactively communicate about deadlines
- Comfortable interacting with internal and external industry leaders
- Experience managing content on behalf of real estate brands in the past a plus
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.