- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits, to weekly bagel breakfasts and happy hours for staff, Streetsense prides itself on creating a place where employees want to show up every day and fostering a collaborative environment.
Streetsense is seeking an Interior Architect/Designer to perform within a design team in a self-directed manner in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process, including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements.
Depending on level of experience, the Interior Architect/Designer may lead aspects of or entire projects (depending on Scope of project and prior experience) and liaise directly with clientele and consultants.
- Collaborate with team to suggest finishes, fixtures, and furniture for projects
- Collaborate with team in developing design solutions that meet the client’s needs on time and budget
- Assist in design and documentation from Concept through the Construction Administration phase
- Create graphic formatting and story boards for client presentations
- Actively support compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures
- Participate in presentations that communicate design concepts to the client
- Coordinate specifications with drawings to meet project requirements
- Assist with vendor interface and coordination with library resources
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB‐accredited program
- Professional experience within hospitality, multifamily, or restaurant design
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp
- Experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color, and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in completing the ARE or NCIDQ examinations
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative, and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
- Experience with FF&E providers and FF&E specifications (for FF&E focused designers)
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must include an attachment or link to portfolio/work samples.