Senior Graphic Designer
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks a Senior Graphic Designer to help set the standard for dynamic, industry-leading graphic design across multiple platforms (print, digital, experiential). This person will be a talented, experienced designer with a passion for greatness who is ready to hit the ground running in a fast-moving design studio. The Senior Graphic Designer will report to a Art Director / Senior Art Director and will work with multi-disciplinary experts to conceptualize and design creative assets (online and offline) and brand packages.
- Contribute high-quality creative work, from conception to execution, that demonstrates an innovative, market-leading approach to graphic design.
- Work with clients to interpret their marketing briefs and become familiar with clients' products and services, the target audience, and their competitors' activities.
- Devise and develop original ideas that engage the target audience and address the client’s business issues.
- Design a wide variety of project types including but not limited to logo/brand identity and print collateral with support on pitches, presentations.
- Accountable for the project design deliverables and quality control; use strong information presentation (visual and written) skills for internal team and clients.
- Manage and grow direct reports to execute client’s vision and develop leadership skills for department growth.
- Stay informed of design trends and new technologies; provide innovative ideas for design solutions in support of objectives and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree Graphic Design, Illustration, Fine Art, or other related field required.
- Strong, dynamic portfolio showcasing creativity and versatility.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with creative, strategy, and account executives.
- Can approach projects with a “big picture” mindset as well as meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, newsroom-type environment.
- Effective time management, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative.
- Familiar with entrepreneurial and brand-driven creative environments.
- Ability to develop compelling, client-ready presentations and to be client-facing.
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.