- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The Contracts Specialist/Paralegal will support our Growth and Delivery teams to review and administer assigned contracts, subcontracts, and required changes, ensuring compliance with corporate standards and Prime Contract requirements.
The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic self-starter who can perform extensive multitasking under numerous time constraints with exceptional attention to detail. They also possess the ability to take initiative, think strategically, and independently interact with all levels of the firm. A comprehension of professional service firms and commercial real estate industry standards is a plus. The position requires excellent writing, communication, organizational, and computer skills.
This position reports to the Managing Director, Operations with additional reporting responsibilities within the Legal team.
Contracts - under the supervision of the Legal team:
- Administer and manage contracts, including drafting, reviewing, negotiating, and organizing non-disclosure, vendor, and other commercial agreements.
- Assist with litigation and administrative claims and conduct factual and legal research.
- Develop/refine a summary of risks unique to company practice areas to utilize in contract review.
- Review client mark-ups to evaluate risk.
- Coordinate contracts for signatures, obtain fully executed copies, update database, and maintain filing/contract management systems.
- With consultation from an attorney, prepare and review other contracts, such as Master Services Agreements (MSAs), Statements of Work (SOWs), Notices-to-Proceed (NTPs), Nondisclosure Agreements (NDAs), consulting agreements, and sub-consulting agreements.
- Implement DocuSign for electronic signature and management.
- Develop and manage contract templates, including access to AIA standard contract templates.
- Develop and manage a contract requirements database across all professional services and requirements unique to practice areas, including but not limited to brand design, interior architecture standard of care, planning, and consulting.
- Provide administrative legal team support.
Contract Management - under the supervision of operations:
- Develop a contract management process to track and maintain all corporate contracts.
- Collaborate internally to manage priority list of documents in legal review and contract negotiation.
- Prepare and disseminate information regarding contract status.
- Ensure contracts are renewed or terminated, as appropriate.
- Coordinate and correspond with internal and external parties to track authorizations and compliance.
- Create, update, and organize contract files, electronically and hard copies.
- Maintain a system to identify, track, and monitor contract requirements, such as deadlines, conditions, and non-standard terms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Certificates of Insurance, Licenses, and Corporate Records - in coordination with CAO and CFO:
- Oversee and execute all matters related to certificates of insurance.
- Compare contract insurance requirements company coverage to identify gaps.
- Track and maintain architectural licenses and filings for architectural entities.
- Manage domestic and international legal entities and maintain corporate governance records.
Policies and Procedures:
- Ensure contract execution is in accordance with company policy.
- Assist in the maintenance, tracking, and documentation of company's compliance policies and/or practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or Paralegal Certificate required.
- Experience in a fast-paced, client-focused environment.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to be proactive in completing assignments and job responsibilities on time and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of team members and disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and DocuSign.
- Experience with Deltek or another accounting/project-planning software a plus.
- Experience leveraging communication platforms to enhance operational efficiencies.
- High attention to detail and excellent editing abilities.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.