Project Coordinator, Research + Analysis
- 114 E 25th St, New York, NY, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks an organized and proactive Project Coordinator to join the Research + Analysis team in our NYC office. The Project Coordinator will work closely with Operations, Finance + Accounting, and senior management in Research + Analysis. They will assist the team in managing day-to-day requests and priorities and provide administrative and operational support. Working in a growing, yet small team, the Project Coordinator must embrace collaboration, have strong writing and communication skills, and be a self-starter.
The Project Coordinator reports directly to the Managing Director, Research + Analysis in our NYC office. They will also work closely with the Research + Analysis team members and other departments in the Bethesda office.
We are looking for a team player who enjoys the challenges of a growing company. A successful candidate must be a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual who flourishes in a fast-paced work environment. You are a solutions-focused thinker with an acute attention to detail and the ability to juggle multiple tasks. You’re an organizational all-star and tactical powerhouse all rolled into one winning package. You understand how to proactively meet your team's business needs and do so in truly innovative fashion all while maintaining tight knit relationships with your key stakeholders.
- Manage weekly schedules and coordinate travel plans for senior leaders in Research + Analysis (R+A).
- Manage client billing, set up project numbers, and work closely with the Operations and Finance + Accounting teams with workplan tracking in Deltek.
- Assist with routine reporting related to project status, billing projections, and staffing.
- Assist senior leaders with the operation and administration of the daily needs of R+A team. This includes documenting and reconciling expenses, helping with timesheets, handling mail/packages, and other duties as assigned.
- Schedule conference calls, set up Zoom meetings, and handle all other administrative tasks including scanning, filing, creating reports, managing digital and hard files, running errands, and more.
- Update agendas and prepare meeting materials including coordination of catering.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal contacts.
- Update weekly staffing plan, assist with budget management and monthly projections.
- High school diploma; bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience in a fast-paced, client-focused environment.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability to be proactive in completing assignments and job responsibilities on time and with minimal supervision. Experience scheduling travel and meeting arrangements.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects without missing deadlines or details.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with a variety of team members and disciplines.
- Strong knowledge of PCs and Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Deltek (or another accounting/project-planning software) a plus.
- Experience leveraging communication platforms to enhance operational efficiencies.
- High attention to detail and excellent editing abilities – you can spot a typo in a split second.
- A knack for problem-solving.
- A passion for the work that we do and a great thirst for knowledge.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.