- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks a Signage Designer to perform within a multi-disciplinary design team in a self-directed manner in multiple aspects of the signage, wayfinding, and place-making process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to research, analysis, and design within multiple typologies such as retail, commercial, multi-family, and mixed-use environments.
- Make recommendations for concept, design, art direction, and production for a variety of two- and three-dimensional graphics, signage, and exhibits
- Plan, program, conceptualize, and develop wayfinding and signage programs
- Assist clients with translating their expressed needs and ideas into concepts and develop into effective communication materials
- Prepare photo visualizations and mockups of proposed signage for placement, content, and/or usage
- Prepare camera-ready artwork with the Adobe suite software for fabrication
- Assist in coordination with other disciplines
- Take a leadership role within the team on a particular project, issue, or topic
- Participate in project team meetings, possibly taking a lead role
- May assist in redlines of shop drawings in construction administration phase
- Work with vendors/fabricators
- Maintain accurate files and records
- Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Design, Graphic Design, Architecture, or related field
- 2-5 years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the commercial real estate Industry with an emphasis on Signage and Wayfinding Design
- Proficiency in in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign software required; AutoCAD/Revit a plus
- High proficiency in 3-D visualization software – appropriate to sign design (Rhino, 3D Max, SketchUp, or others) and ability to model project context for presentation
- High proficiency in a range of signage materials, lighting, and construction techniques for commercial signage and graphics
- Experience in project naming & branding a plus
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, site analysis, and how people experience place
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with team and stakeholders
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative, and professional, with ability to manage project deliverables deadlines and budgets
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.