Senior Project Architect/Designer
- 10441 Jefferson Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232, USA
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The Senior Project Architect*/Designer performs within a design team in a self‐directed manner in multiple aspects of the Architecture process including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements.
Senior Project Architects*/Designers will lead lead multiple projects and liaise directly with clientele and consultants.
- Leads project design and delivery process, including comprehension of scope deliverables and partners with project management and technical leads on a variety of projects
- Partners with senior leadership on elevating design ideas, values, and standards
- Acts as lead designer for a variety of projects simultaneously
- Leads design meetings with internal team and clients
- Participates during all phases of project delivery
- Interfaces with client, contractor, and consultants
- Acts as a mentor and teacher to design staff with goal of guiding and growing them through their careers
- Supports business development activities, including proposals and interviews
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Architecture from a NAAB‐accredited program
- 12+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the commercial real estate Industry
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop and SketchUp
- Advanced experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Advanced experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
- Advanced comprehension of industry trends and applications
- *Architectural License Required to be a Senior Project Architect
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.