Designer II, Architecture
- 10441 Jefferson Blvd, Culver City, CA 90232, USA
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The Designer II, Architecture performs within a design team in a supporting-role in multiple aspects of the Architecture process including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements. They support the design and documentation efforts on architecture and cross-practice branded and mixed-use projects.
- Display passion and an innovative approach to architecture that combines collaboration, entrepreneurship, and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate commitment to excellence in design, design execution, and sustainable principles.
- Work with team on multiple, complex projects through all phases from proposal through construction.
- Active participant in client engagement.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the architectural design process and integration of interior architecture/branded design concepts with the ability to develop design element components.
- Think and design three-dimensionally with creative and conceptual skills.
- Integrate graphic communications and brand messaging into the built environment.
- Develop and coordinate detailed design concepts, functional requirements, and project-design criteria.
- Assist with design and technical coordination among disciplines, and respond to technical implications of design decisions.
- Seeks creative and innovative solutions to assigned tasks and develops associated research and documentation for these solutions.
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures.
- Assist design presentations in client meetings.
- Professional Bachelor/Master Degree in Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB-accredited program
- 2-5 years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the mixed-use and/or retailing industries
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software preferred
- Graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp preferred
- Experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Experience with construction materials and specifications
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color, and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.