Senior Account Manager- Hospitality
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Bethesda, Maryland, us
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands people love and places people love to be. Powered by in-depth insights and an interdisciplinary approach, we enhance brands and places, drive consumer demand, and foster community.
You live by your to-do lists, pride yourself on how quickly you answer emails, and are always striving for the elusive “inbox: zero.” You understand how strategic planning and marketing. You see yourself as an organizer, motivator, and overall doer; you focus on #winning and are the person to whom others turn when things need to get done…yesterday.
The Account Manager will support the Strategic Lead on hospitality accounts keeping clients in-the-know and internal teams on their toes; he or she will translate project plans into timelines and tasks, keep a constant pulse on projects, and manage the agency’s relationship with key clients. The Account Manager will bring perspective and experience to add value in each of these engagements and throughout the new business process. In addition, the Account Manager keeps an eye out for new business opportunities with existing clients and identifies opportunities to expand and enhance the relationship. Above all, the Account Manager is a proponent of process, a pillar of organization, and a complete team player. Have what it takes? Keep reading!
- Offers hospitality experience and perspective to add value to clients and/or add value to the pursuit of new accounts.
- Partners with Subject Matter Experts and functional team leads to ensure strategies are integrated, deadlines are met, quality of work is up to standard, and that the account is running profitably.
- Serves as the primary client contact on assigned accounts and is responsible for all ongoing communications including establishing weekly meetings or calls, creating agendas, setting kick-offs, and responding promptly to all phone calls and emails.
- Coordinates and implements multiple projects and programs from kickoff to completion — and with minimum supervision.
- Proactively seeks feedback from clients.
- Leads client meetings and conference calls and follows up with meeting notes and to-dos both internally and with client teams.
- Actively participates in the strategic planning process in conjunction with key client team members and translates project goals and plans into timelines, budgets, and to-do lists.
- Is the conduit of information between client and our internal subject matter experts, including designers and branding, and organizes all project and creative briefs needed for new project kick-offs, change orders, and creative kick-offs.
- Effectively presents and sells all agency work including proposals to clients. Speak and write eloquently about the strategic value of everything from a logo to a boutique hotel.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/business developments as well as industry trends and competition to ensure all communications are on the cutting edge of industry standards.
- Maintains client revenue level against the business plan and quarterly projections, including: maintenance and reconciliation of client budgets, billing and approval of invoices, and quarterly projections and monthly reconciliations.
- Serves as quality control on all deliverables to ensure they are on-strategy, on-message, up-to-par with client expectations, and always catered to the strategic objective.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts and plays an integral role in new business, driving the Request for Proposal process, completing marketing proposals and plans, developing estimates for work flow, and participating in face-to-face new business/client pitches.
- Attends client and industry events to show support of client personal and professional interests.
- Consistently demonstrates a passion for food and beverage and hospitality trends reporting them back to the team to inform client work.
- Balances analytical thinking and approaches with creative thinking and long-term vision.
- Trains and nurtures junior team members so they can grow and learn more about agency work flow, clients, and industry.
- Maintains a solutions-focused, proactive team work style.
- Consistently promotes a positive work environment and culture.
- Strong experience with hotel, food + beverage, and hospitality brands required
- Highly responsive and service-oriented
- Ridiculously good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Proven ability to translate strategies into timelines, budgets, and to-do lists as well as manage their day-to-day implementation
- You LOVE process but also own the results – not just the tasks
- Unwavering commitment to success
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A personal development mindset with the aspiration of growing with the organization
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Involvement in the community
- Passion for working with people (the good, bad, and the ugly)
- Familiarity with Basecamp and Deltek a plus
- Creative sensibility; while you gravitate toward process you also consider yourself a creative person at the end of the day
Streetsense is an equal opportunity employer and all your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.