Designer I, Planning
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands that people love and places people love to be.
Powered by in-depth insights and an interdisciplinary approach, we enhance brands and places, drive consumer demand, and foster community. We are committed to creating meaningful end-user experiences through informed strategy and design.
At Streetsense we are deeply invested in our people. We’ve created a work environment that makes it fun to show up every day. In addition to the pay and benefits we know you need, we provide learning and development opportunities and lots of fun ways to be part of our uncommon collective.
The Designer I, Planning performs within design team on multiple aspects of Urban Design, Planning, and Placemaking project types. The Designer I will be primarily focused on supporting efforts of research, analysis, design, and documentation of both vertically- and horizontally-mixed use environments. They will perform primarily production-oriented planning tasks with short-term deadlines within established budgets, schedules, and parameters established by studio management. We are looking for a ceative problem-solver who is motivated, collaborative, and professional.
- Assist in production of documents, drawings, and presentation materials under the supervision of manager
- Work efficiently and meet deadlines established by manager
- Communicate effectively and accurately with manager and within studio
- Maintain organized project files according to established Streetsense and/or industry standards
- Support Architecture & Planning Studio, with cross-platform opportunities
- Assist as needed in preparation of marketing materials
- Bachelor's/Master's degree from an accredited program in urban design, planning, or architecture - related field equivalency may be considered
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of planning and architecture and placemaking
- Possesses effective writing techniques
- Knowledge of principles and practices of site analysis, research, and data collection
- Statistical, algebraic, or geometric knowledge and ability to apply such knowledge in practical situations
- Familiarity with computer hardware and software programs, which should include Adobe Suite, CAD, and/or BIM, Microsoft Office, and Internet applications
- Ability to create design sketches, development strategies, and render site plans via hand-drawings and/or computer graphics, as well as lay out effective reports and planning exhibits such as precedent image boards and project diagrams
- Ability to work on several projects or issues simultaneously
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, as needed
- Ability to attend to details while keeping big-picture goals in mind
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must include a portfolio/work samples.