Real Estate Strategist
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands that people love and places people love to be.
Powered by in-depth insights and an interdisciplinary approach, we enhance brands and places, drive consumer demand, and foster community. We are committed to creating meaningful end-user experiences through informed strategy and design.
At Streetsense we are deeply invested in our people. We’ve created a work environment that makes it fun to show up every day. In addition to the pay and benefits we know you need, we provide learning and development opportunities and lots of fun ways to be part of our uncommon collective.
Streetsense seeks a highly motivated Real Estate Strategist who is a retail and occupier pro with a creative mind and an eye for design to join our talented Real Estate Strategy team. The Real Estate Strategist is a detail-oriented person with experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment with a heavy emphasis on retail occupiers and planning. A successful candidate must be a strategic, creative, and solutions-focused thinker. Working in a growing, yet small studio, the Real Estate Strategist must embrace collaboration, have strong writing and communication skills, be a self-starter, and thrive in an open-office environment.
The Real Estate Strategist will work closely with key team members in Research, Planning, and Branding to ensure best-in-class delivery of key written proposals, RFP responses, and other strategic new business endeavors. Collaboration with all Streetsense studios is critical to this position.
- From client feedback identify and understand key strategic business challenges and projected goals.
- Work with internal Research + Analysis team to understand the dynamics of any given project location to best inform due diligence market and tenant research.
- Collaborate with planning and placemaking leaders to ideate merchandising strategies for a given project.
- Advise clients on strategy formulation specifically presenting research and analysis from internal teams to drive data-driven recommendations.
- Conduct ideation and peer review collaborations, including participation in design sessions with internal branding and placemakers.
- Provide day to day project support to leadership and clients through updated project plans, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Partner with internal trend leadership, CBRE trend partners, and personal trend tracking to stay abreast of industry trends; report on trends to Real Estate Strategy leadership.
- Identify methods to measure, evaluate, and report on key indicators of success to demonstrate value of solutions for clients.
- Provide input to the Real Estate Strategy leadership in developing project strategies, approaches, and deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of pitch presentations, proposals, and working timelines to ensure what is promised is achieved and profitable.
- Lead project meetings and facilitate work sessions as needed based on client and project requirements.
- Develop supporting materials as needed such as templates, illustrations, presentations, and process flowcharts.
- Bachelor’s degree, a focus in Architecture or Real Estate preferred but not required
- Proficient in internet research, image searching, and presentation software (PowerPoint or InDesign)
- Skilled at developing and presenting executive-level communications and data visualization
- An interest in viewing “experience” as a consumer journey that can occupy all aspects of one’s day and life and employing problem-solving holistically, taking into account a multitude of creative and economic facets to achieve maximum consumer engagement.
- A wizard with words and report writing
- A knack for problem solving
- A passion for retail, restaurants, and unique occupiers
- A great thirst for knowledge, realizing that there are always more insights to uncover
- High attention to detail and excellent editing abilities – you can spot a typo in a split second
- A diverse range of experiences that has shaped your personal and professional interests
- Travel will be occasional, as required
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must include a portfolio/work samples.