- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands that people love and places people love to be.
Powered by in-depth insights and an interdisciplinary approach, we enhance brands and places, drive consumer demand, and foster community. We are committed to creating meaningful end-user experiences through informed strategy and design.
At Streetsense we are deeply invested in our people. We’ve created a work environment that makes it fun to show up every day. In addition to the pay and benefits we know you need, we provide learning and development opportunities and lots of fun ways to be part of our uncommon collective.
You’re a mathematical, detail-orientated, and organizational all-star all rolled into one winning package. You understand the importance of digging into the details to ensure accurate financials, work well with others, and provide actionable data and insights. You will work closely with the Finance Team, Operations Team, and others daily to ensure that our accounts are reconciled and processes are running smoothly. You see yourself as a self-starter, creator, organizer, and overall doer; you focus on excellence and take pride in your work.
This position reports to the Controller.
- Follow our company’s established accounting processes
- Assist in the month-end close process to ensure accurate and timely financials
- Prepare journal entries
- Prepare account analysis and reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation of monthly consolidated financial reports and supporting schedules
- Research and apply GAAP accounting treatment to transactions
- Cross-train in other accounting functions and assist in the review of procedure documentation
- Identify and suggest opportunities to improve the people, process, technology, and data methodologies and efficiencies; strengthen and enhance controls; and mitigate control weaknesses
- Work with transactional processing teams such as payroll, accounts payable, and billing to gain an understanding of the process
- Assist with annual audit or quarterly review data submissions and preparation
- Assist with annual tax filing data submissions
- Prepare ad hoc research and reports
- Ensure adequate retention and storage of corporate financial records
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required
- CPA or active candidate is strongly preferred
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience (includes internships)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Must be proficient in MS Excel, as well as MS Word and MS Outlook
Additional Desired Skills & Experience
- Familiarity with payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and collections
- US GAAP research experience
- Accounting software experience
- Possesses intellectual curiosity
- Pays close attention to detail
- Punctual and has a strong work ethic
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must include a portfolio/work samples.