Senior Account Manager – CPG
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
You live by your to-do lists, pride yourself on how quickly you answer emails, and are always striving for the elusive “inbox: zero.” You understand how strategic marketing objectives translate into paid, earned, owned, and shared media strategies, and can explain, for example, how a social media photo contest can contribute to a client’s bottom line. You see yourself as an organizer, cheerleader, and overall doer; you focus on #winning and are the person to whom others turn when things need to get done…yesterday.
The Senior Account Manager will support the Account Director on our global consumer tech account to keep clients in-the-know and internal teams on their toes; he or she will translate marketing plans into timelines and tasks, keep a constant pulse on projects, and manage the agency relationship with key clients. The Senior Account Manager will bring perspective and experience to add value in each of this engagement and throughout the new business process in pursuit of other global consumer tech accounts. In addition, the Senior Account Manager keeps an eye out for new business opportunities with existing clients and identifies opportunities to expand and enhance the relationship. Above all, the Senior Account Manager is a proponent of process, a pillar of organization, and a complete team player. Have what it takes? Keep reading!
Reports to the Account Director.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Offers global consumer tech/CPG experience and perspective to add value to our consumer tech clients and/or add value to the pursuit of new consumer tech accounts.
- Partners with Account Director and functional team leads to ensure strategies are integrated, deadlines are met, quality of work is up to standard, and that the account is running profitably.
- Serves as the primary client contact on assigned accounts and is responsible for all ongoing communications including establishing weekly meetings or calls, creating agendas, setting kick-offs, and responding promptly to all phone calls and emails.
- Coordinates and implements multiple projects and programs from kickoff to completion — and with minimum supervision.
- Proactively seeks feedback from clients.
- Leads client meetings and conference calls and follows up with meeting notes and to-dos both internally and with client teams.
- Actively participates in the strategic planning process in conjunction with key client team members and translates marketing plans into timelines, budgets, and to-do lists.
- Is the conduit of information between client and our internal subject matter experts, including designers and content producers, and organizes all project and creative briefs needed for new project kick-offs, change orders, and creative kick-offs.
- Effectively presents and sells all agency work and proposals to clients and can speak eloquently about the strategic value of everything from a logo to a tweet.
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments as well as consumer tech trends and competition to ensure all communications are on the cutting edge of industry standards.
- Maintains client revenue level against the business plan and quarterly projections, including: maintenance and reconciliation of client budgets, billing and approval of invoices, and quarterly projections and monthly reconciliations.
- Serves as quality control on all deliverables to ensure they are on-strategy, on-message, up-to-par with client expectations, and always catered to the strategic marketing objective.
- Gains approval of quarterly and monthly media plans.
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts and plays an integral role in new business, driving the Request for Proposal process, completing marketing proposals and plans, developing estimates for work flow, and participating in face-to-face new business/client pitches.
- Attends client and industry events to show support of client personal and professional interests.
- Consistently demonstrates a passion for digital trends, and an understanding of consumers and brands.
- Balances analytical thinking and approaches with creative thinking and long-term vision.
- Trains and nurtures junior account staff so they can grow and learn more about agency work flow, clients, and industry.
- Maintains a solutions-focused, proactive team work style.
- Consistently promotes a positive work environment and culture.
- Strong consumer tech experience with Fortune 500 and/or global consumer tech brands required
- Strong background in social media marketing
- Highly responsive and service-oriented
- Ridiculously good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in mid-level marketing positions and/or demonstrated superior performance as an account manager in the consumer tech sector
- Proven ability to translate strategies into timelines, budgets, and to-do lists as well as manage their day-to-day implementation
- You LOVE process but also own the results – not just the tasks
- Unwavering commitment to success
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A personal development mindset with the aspiration of growing with the organization
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Involvement in the community
- Passion for working with people (the good, bad, and the ugly)
- Familiarity with Google Drive and Basecamp a plus
- Creative sensibility; while you gravitate toward process you also consider yourself a creative person at the end of the day
- Bottom line: You always find a way — and your personal philosophy is pretty darn close to Martin Luther King’s: “If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.”
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.