Designer II, Interior Architecture
- 120 Blagden Alley, Washington, DC, United States
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective that creates brands that people love and places people love to be.
Powered by in-depth insights and an interdisciplinary approach, we enhance brands and places, drive consumer demand, and foster community. We are committed to creating meaningful end-user experiences through informed strategy and design.
At Streetsense we are deeply invested in our people. We’ve created a work environment that makes it fun to show up every day. In addition to the pay and benefits we know you need, we provide learning and development opportunities and lots of fun ways to be part of our uncommon collective.
Streetsense is seeking a Designer II to perform within a design team in a self-directed manner in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process, including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements.
This job is based in our Blagden Alley office.
- Takes cues from Project Designer/Manager
- Collaborates with team to suggest finishes, fixtures, and furniture for projects
- Collaborates with team in developing design solutions that meet the client’s needs on time and budget
- Assists in design and documentation from Concept through the Construction Administration phase
- Creates graphic formatting and story boards for client presentations
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures
- Participates in presentations that communicate design concepts to the client
- Coordinates specifications with drawings to meet project requirements
- Assists with vendor interface and coordination with library resources
- Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB‐accredited program
- 2+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within hospitality, multifamily, or restaurant design
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Intermediate graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp
- Intermediate experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Intermediate experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Intermediate experience with FF&E providers and FF&E specifications (for FF&E focused designers)
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color, and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in completing the ARE or NCIDQ examinations
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative, and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
How to Apply:
Select "I'm Interested" and "Fill in Manually" to upload your resume and contact information. At the bottom of the page titled "Your message to the hiring manager," please include the body of your cover letter. All applicants must include a portfolio/work samples.