Eat + Drink Strategist
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks a highly motivated F&B/hotel operations pro with a creative mind and an eye for design to join our talented Eat + Drink team. The Eat + Drink Strategist is a detail-oriented person with experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment with a heavy emphasis on the restaurant and hospitality industries. A successful candidate must be a strategic, creative, and solutions-focused thinker. Working in a growing, yet small studio, the Eat + Drink Strategist must embrace collaboration, have strong writing and communication skills, be a self-starter, and thrive in an open-office environment.
The Eat + Drink Strategist will work closely with key team members to ensure best-in-class delivery of key written proposals, RFP responses, and other strategic new business endeavors. Collaboration with all Streetsense studios is critical to this position.
- Partner with clients to identify and understand key strategic business challenges and projected goals.
- Advise clients on strategy formulation specifically presenting research and analysis from internal teams to drive data-driven recommendations.
- Conduct re-engineering services including facilitation of design sessions with internal brand and interior designers.
- Provided day to day leadership as the subject matter expert in a consultative role with internal teams as well as with the client.
- Create profit driven plans and results for the client
- Identify methods to measure, evaluate, and report on key indicators of success to demonstrate value of solutions for the clients.
- Provide input to the Eat + Drink studio leader in developing project strategies, approaches, and deliverables.
- Contribute to the development of pitch presentations, proposals, and working timelines to ensure what is promised is achieved and profitable.
- Lead project meetings and facilitate work sessions as needed based on client and project requirements.
- Maintain Streetsense’s F&B trend reports and stay abreast of culinary, consumer, and restaurant trends, new processes, food products, and applications
- Develop supporting materials as needed such as templates, illustrations, and process flowcharts.
- Lead innovation and product development, including the successful development of new culinary concepts that set trends rather than follow them.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of F&B/hotel operations experience
- Able to imagine, communicate, and deliver immersive, market-ready hospitality concepts and experiences
- Proficient in internet research, image searching, and presentation software (PowerPoint or InDesign)
- Skilled at developing and presenting executive-level communications and data visualization
- A wizard with words and report writing
- A knack for problem solving
- A passion for restaurants and food in general
- A solid understanding of competitive F&B trends, strategies, and pairings
- A great thirst for knowledge, realizing that there are always more insights to uncover
- High attention to detail and excellent editing abilities – you can spot a typo in a split second
- A diverse range of experiences that has shaped your personal and professional interests
- Travel will be occasional, as required
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.