Designer II, Interior Architecture (LA)
- Jefferson Blvd, Culver City, CA, USA
- Type of Employment: Full-time
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The Designer II performs within a design team in a self directed manner in multiple aspects of the Interior Architecture process including but not limited to the design & documentation of all phases, the preparation of materials, and construction administration activities within established budgets, schedules, and programmatic requirements.
- Takes cues from Project Designer/Manager
- Collaborates with team to suggest finishes, fixtures, and furniture for projects
- Collaborate with a team in developing design solutions that meet the client’s needs on time and budget
- Assists in design and documentation from Concept through the Construction Administration phase
- Create graphic formatting and story boards for client presentations
- Actively supports compliance with BIM/CAD project standards and procedures
- Participate in presentations that communicate design concepts to the client
- Coordinate specifications with drawings to meet project requirements
- Assists with vendor interface and coordination with library resources
- Bachelor/Master Degree in Interior Design or Architecture from a CIDA or NAAB‐accredited program
- 2+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the Hospitality Industry
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Intermediate graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop and SketchUp
- Intermediate experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Intermediate experience with construction materials and Specifications
- Intermediate experience with FF&E providers and FF&E specifications (for FF&E focused designers)
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Interest in completing the ARE or NCIDQ examinations
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.