Project Designer, Architecture
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The Project Designer, Architecture performs within a creative team with a self‐directed collaborative approach in multiple aspects of the design process, including but not limited to the planning and architectural design of hospitality, retail and mixed-use environments, design documentation, and other project delivery services through construction administration. This design-focused position requires strong visualization and idea-driven planning skillsets.
The Project Designer, Architecture will contribute to collaborative cross-practice projects (depending on scope of project) and liaise directly with studio leaders, clientele and consultants.
- Support project team through design and delivery process, including comprehension of scope deliverables and partners with project management and technical leads on a variety of projects
- Interface with client, contractor, and consultants
- Manage workflow and production of deliverables
- Supports programming, space planning, and design activities
- Research, recommend and select appropriate finishes and fixtures
- Clearly communicate design concepts and produce client presentations in a variety of formats
- Prepare project design documentation, construction documentation and construction administration tasks
- Mentor junior staff and identify development opportunities
- Bachelor/master’s degree in architecture from a NAAB‐accredited program
- 4+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the Commercial Real Estate Industry
- Proficiency in Revit or relevant BIM software strongly preferred
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop and SketchUp
- Experience in construction documentation production, project design specifications, and shop drawing review
- Hand drafting/sketching skills
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, color and materials
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- *Architectural License encouraged
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative and professional
- Ability to contribute and participate in a highly collaborative team environment
- Describe the requirements and skills needed for the job
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.