Manager, Content Strategy – Gaming + Esports
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
The Manager, Content Strategy – Gaming and Esports primarily manages our gaming and esports clients’ branded social media accounts, including everything from research and editorial planning to content production, channel management, and reporting. This person has experience with (and/or deep expertise in) the world of PC gaming and esports. The best candidate will intimately understand gaming and esports subcultures, fluently speak the language of gaming and esports fans, and are fans themselves. This person will be the content development lead for our gaming and esports portfolio, leading campaign and post concepts and proactively bringing creative ideas to the table.
This role will work full-time from the Streetsense office located in Bethesda, MD.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Work in tandem with key stakeholders on the marketing team — including content strategists, community managers, and digital specialists — in developing a social media playbook at the outset of a contract.
- Oversee content strategy, content development and community management for national social media clients. Channels include: Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram.
- Develop and manage playbooks, editorial calendars, shot lists, asset collection, art direction, and collaboration with in-house design team to execute resources needed for account success.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts in design, photography and videography on content production.
- Communicate schedules to leadership and clients on a regular basis for review and approval; mapping out editorial calendars on a quarterly or monthly basis.
- Drive paid campaigns to target and/or grow an audience; deploy, monitor, and report on the success of a campaign.
- Identify and managing conversations among influencers, social media community members, and serving as the voice of the brand to the community and vice versa.
- Work with the digital team to manage digital advertisement campaigns.
- Research industry trends and projects to assist with marketing collateral and pitches.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff on social media platform and community management best practices.
- Reviewing and approve work from junior staff providing feedback for incrementally higher quality work.
- Approve timesheets and vacation requests, conduct weekly one-on-one meetings with direct reports to facilitate their career growth and success in their roles.
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in marketing, business administration, English, or communications
- 3-4 years of experience in a social media, community manager, internal marketing, or PR role
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and reporting mechanisms
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and understanding of PC gaming and esports
- Excellent writing skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to analyze, evaluate, and effectively communicate results
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize and proactively communicate about deadlines
- Comfortable interacting with internal and external industry leaders
- Intermediate experience with the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop
- Knowledge of video concepting and production a plus
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.