- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, us
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks an Art Director to provide art direction for branding and marketing projects and help set the standard for dynamic, industry-leading graphic design across multiple platforms, print, digital, experiential, and environmental. This person will be a talented, experienced designer who balances hands-on creative work with mentoring and collaborating with the next generation of great design talent. The Art Director insists on timely delivery of high-quality projects to the client and drives continuously adopt and improve upon best practices within the brand studio. The Art Director will report to brand team leadership and will work across and with multi-disciplinary experts to conceptualize, design, and produce creative solutions that achieve strategic goals for each project and client.
- Work closely with a collaborative team of designers, providing creative leadership as well as oversight of client deliverables.
- Contribute high-quality creative work, from conception to execution, that demonstrates an innovative, market-leading approach to graphic design.
- Work with clients to interpret their marketing briefs and become familiar with clients' products and services, the target audience, and their competitors' activities.
- Devise and develop original ideas that engage the target audience and address the client’s business issues.
- Help oversee the design and development of a wide variety of project types including but not limited to: pitches, presentations, logo/brand identity, website design, social media, print collateral.
- Accountable for the project design deliverables and quality control; use strong information presentation (visual and written) skills for internal team and clients.
- Manage and grow direct reports to execute client’s vision and develop leadership skills for department growth.
- Stay informed of design trends and new technologies; provide innovative ideas for design solutions in support of objectives and initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree Graphic Design, Illustration, Fine Art, or other related field required.
- 7+ years experience in art direction.
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role.
- Strong, dynamic portfolio showcasing creativity and versatility.
- Strong knowledge of web design best practices.
- Effective time management, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly collaborative.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with creative, strategy, and account executives.
- Familiar with entrepreneurial and tech-driven creative environments.
- Outstanding written and oral presentation skills; ability to be client-facing.
- In depth working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.