- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective, We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
The ideal candidate for this role is someone who possesses a high sense of personal responsibility and has a mindset of doing it right the first time. This position is a critical member of the team as it supports the flow of all projects through the Architecture and Interiors teams. You’re a self-starter with a high level of curiosity as you will be taking all projects handed off from the business development team and setting these projects up for production. Your work is essential for the team to track productivity and meet utility goals by ensuring all projects are set-up with attention paid to both the explicit work and nuance of any creative project. You will also be responsible for daily and weekly reporting to the Operations and Project Leaders as a first step in supporting and collaborating with all project teams to ensure client satisfaction. You will report directly to Managing Directors of Operations and work closely with Account Executives, Project Managers, the Finance Team, and others daily to ensure our projects are running smoothly. This role has a front row seat to the intricate workings of a successful professional services business, if you are looking to learn everything you can and jump in anywhere you can this is the opportunity for you.
Resource Allocation & Planning
- Work with the Managing Director of Operations to optimize staff and align resources with client needs by looking outside of the box for ideas, communicating with everyone including leadership, and constantly factor together rates, cost, and availability.
- Assist team leaders with work plan tracking in Deltek.
- Participate in weekly resource planning meetings with team leaders.
- Assist with key report development and routine reporting related to project status, billing projections, and staffing.
- Prepare ad hoc research and reports.
- Assist personnel in the successful onboarding and tracking of projects, using standard form templates and technologies (Deltek).
- Understand contract and revenue recognition requirements as it relates to set-ups and billing.
- Collaborate with the Managing Directors of Operations and Finance Team in the monthly workflow functions, including but not limited to project close-outs and reporting.
- Assist in the monthly reviews of projects in Deltek to provide assurance of proper timesheet and expense coding by personnel.
- Attend billing and project set-up meetings.
- Assist the Finance Team with quarterly reviews and year-end audits as it relates to contractual support and revenue recognition.
- Identify and suggest opportunities to improve on any process, technology, and data methodologies; strengthen and enhance controls; and mitigate control weaknesses.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business, para-legal, or accounting-related major
- Successful experience in a fast-paced, client focused environment
- Effective self-time management and team organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, highly proficient in Excel (any experience with Deltek a big plus!)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build strong relationships and work collaboratively and cooperatively with a variety of team members and disciplines
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects without missing deadlines or details
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.