Research Specialist (& Foodie), Eat+Drink
- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks a full-time, entry-level Research Specialist with a passion for great food and world-class restaurants to support the restaurant development process for its Eat+Drink studio. This work, focused on the hospitality and restaurant sectors, will support the Eat+Drink team through detailed market analyses, data collection, product sourcing, and trend tracking. As a growing, yet small studio, our candidates must embrace collaboration, have strong writing and communication skills, be a self-starter, and thrive in an open-office environment.
The Research Specialist will perform research and gather data on consumer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits. The collection of data will be done primarily online, but may occasionally include a variety of other methods, such as focus groups, market analysis surveys, public opinion polls, and literature reviews.
The Research Specialist will help determine the client’s position in the marketplace by researching its competitors and analyzing their offerings, conceptual direction, and prices. They will use this information to determine market preferences and potential gaps in the market.
- Identify trade areas and key competitors within those trade areas
- Conduct data analysis and identifies critical business markets, trends, challenges, and opportunities
- Develop and deliver metrics, analysis, and recommendations to support potential conceptual direction
- Build charts, graphs, and other visual aids to present the results of the research
Property Assessment and Right Sizing Tools
- Develop/fine tune tools and evaluate data using Streetsense proprietary software and other available statistical techniques and software
- Support E+D in interpreting what the data means for the client, and forecast future trends
- Identify current and forthcoming trends within the restaurant, bar, and hotel f&b industries
- Curate, maintain, and constantly update a restaurant and food and beverage trend report
- Collaborate cross functionally with Streetsense Research & Analysis studio team on a variety of strategic initiatives
- Other duties/ad-hoc analyses as assigned
- Background in delivering concise, well-thought-out research projects; restaurant/hospitality industry experience is a big plus
- A wizard with words and report writing
- A knack for problem solving
- Skilled at developing and presenting executive-level communications and data visualization
- Excellent computer knowledge is required including Excel and PowerPoint
- InDesign, GIS, and Adobe Creative Cloud are a plus
- A passion for restaurants and food in general
- A great thirst for knowledge, realizing that there are always more insights to uncover
- High attention to detail and excellent editing abilities – you can spot a typo in a split second
- A diverse range of experiences that has shaped your personal and professional interests
- Travel will be occasional, as required
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.