- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, MD, us
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly, and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks an Urban Designer/Planner to perform within a design team in a self-directed manner in multiple aspects of the Urban Design and Planning/Place-making process. Responsibilities include but are not limited to research, analysis, and design within mixed-use commercial environments.
All applicants must submit a portfolio/work samples along with their resume.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Architecture, Planning, or Landscape Architecture or related field
- 2+ years of post-graduate professional experience, preferably within the commercial real estate industry with an emphasis on Urban Design
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, or relevant BIM software strongly preferred; GIS software optional
- Advanced graphic and presentation skills in InDesign, Photoshop, and SketchUp
- Strong visual design skills and sensibilities; strong hand drafting and sketching skills
- Familiarity and ability to converse on retail and mixed-use industry trends, and the art of place-making design solutions
- Understanding and application of design principles, theories, site analysis, and how people experience place
- Mastery of written and verbal communication with team and stakeholders
- Interest in completing licensure/accreditation requirements
- Self‐directed, motivated, collaborative and professional, with ability to manage project deliverables deadlines and budgets
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.