- 3 Bethesda Metro, Suite 140, Bethesda, Maryland
Streetsense is an experience-focused strategy and design collective. We create brands people love and places people love to be. Our interdisciplinary nature allows us to collaborate constantly and approach every challenge with collective intelligence.
Streetsense is deeply invested in its people. From competitive benefits to career mentoring to bagel Fridays, happy hours, and team events for staff, Streetsense is focused on fostering a collaborative environment that inspires employees each and every day.
Streetsense seeks a highly collaborative UX/UI designer for its Interactive team. A successful candidate should be creatively driven, have an incredible attention to detail, and be able to turn an idea from a sketch into a beautiful but functional design. We are looking for individuals who are team-focused and are able to deliver high-quality creative work in a fast-paced environment. This role is part of an integrated team of graphic designers, social media marketers, copywriters, and interactive specialists. Clients range from local entrepreneurs and restaurateurs to global hoteliers, real estate developers, travel/tourism destinations, and consumer packaged goods.
This is an onsite position in our Bethesda, Maryland office. To be considered, candidates must submit a portfolio of relevant work along with a resume.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of designers, developers, product owners, and marketing professionals to translate business requirements and user needs into meaningful interactive experiences.
- Create process flows, wireframes, and responsive, mobile-first visual design mockups that effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors.
- Identify and solve common design problems with minimal guidance.
- Collaborate with developers and copywriters to create elegant user experiences; you should thrive on feedback, critique, and iteration.
- Communicate design decisions to several functions of the business with detailed mock ups and prototypes.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in design (e.g., interactive, graphic, visual communications), or equivalent professional experience which can be demonstrated via a portfolio showing excellent design work.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a user experience designer, interactive designer, visual designer, or similar role working with real time web and/or mobile applications.
- Fluency in best practices for web and mobile information architecture and design.
- Fluency in user-centered design principles along with an incredibly high attention to detail.
- Exceptional visual design skills, including the ability to establish visual hierarchy, layout, typography, and use color effectively.
- Masterful knowledge of several design software/tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Experienced in creating web application interface prototypes using aforementioned tools, as well as interactive prototyping tools like Invision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bonus Skills & Experience
- You communicate extremely well in person, but also through tools such as Basecamp and Slack.
- Experience designing with cross-browser compatibility and accessibility in mind.
- Experience with data-driven product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
- Experience with Accessibility WCAG 2.0.
Streetsense is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.